GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i stopped by a place today to get a valve stem replaced. same place that lowered it. decided to get new tires also. scorpion zeros. impulse shopper. haha. anyway i mention the drop shackle fix for the lean. he has a belltech shackle. #6400. i told him to set it at the one inch hole. the shop guy comes in and says that if they did that then the leaf spring will rest on the shackle or that the leaf won't allow it to go in the one inch hole. am i missing something or are they idiots? they tried to talk to me into the heating and twisting of the sway bar. i said no of course. when looking at the shackle, which should it be? the one at the end or the other hole? i guess i should bag it and not worry about it.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
the other one, the close the spring is to the bed, to closer your tires will be.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
the belltech shackle wont let the head of the leaf spring move down far enough for it to go into the 1" hole. i used a cut-off wheel and cut out part of the shackle in the middle enough to allow the head of the leaf spring to move where i could get the bolt through the 1" hole

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the belltech shackle wont let the head of the leaf spring move down far enough for it to go into the 1" hole. i used a cut-off wheel and cut out part of the shackle in the middle enough to allow the head of the leaf spring to move where i could get the bolt through the 1" hole
any issues with that? pics?

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
i dont know who made my shackles...but you are saying for me to do that i have to trim mine too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts