GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a set of tinted tails off Ebay. They look GREAT on the truck, but they are DARK! The lighting is fine at night, however today my wife followed me for a bit in direct sunlight, and she could barely see my brake lights. Every LED replacement light i have ever had on previous vehicles didnt really do the trick.

I have searched, and looked at lots of pictures. I still havent found anyone showing their dark tinted tails with LED's in the housing and what sort of light they put off. Rear facing LED's make all the difference, or the ones with radial mounted LED's to get more reflection and such? Thanks for the help fellas. Dont want to have to give up my new lights, and dont want to have Ms. Daisy take the ass end off my truck if i slow down she rams me with her buick.

-Dave

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
i know they make a few bulbs with the sypder design with LED lights, never really tried them though. stylinconcepts has them i believe, but they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw those too. Just wondering how much light they will put out in the housing, or if all someone behind me will see is a whole bunch of little red dots.

I did notice that there are bulbs with the same base as 3057, like the 3357 and such, that put out the same light with the running light portion but a bit more light when the brake lights are applied. I think ill give that a shot concidering itll only be a few bucks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
you should just buy some new tails and tint them yourself to the shade of your liking..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put some 3457's in. The lighting now, in full sun, is just fine. I followed the wifey around a bit to check it out and the tails are very visible. To check on the possibility of heat damage, I put a board on my brake pedal to hold it down for an hour. No problems. Going to do LED in the CHMSL. I will of course provide pics when the third tail shows up and everything is in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts