GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do yall ever have a probem with them overheating being behind the seats with the seats up?

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,391 Posts
nope. mine is on my back wall.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine have been back there for over a year and no problems in the Texas heat. Oh and I dont use AC the coolest air mine get is from the windows being down.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
nope, never

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
No problems here....just make sure you have some room between the amps and the back of the seat and you should be ok :D

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool deal. I dont know if I can still lift the seat 1.75" and have it fold down too...

·
08 VORTECMAX 4x4
256 Posts
I have two back there at the moment. Only time I've ever had heating issues is when the components don't match the amp well. Pretty sweet though, go to homes depot and get two small pieces of angled aluminum, screw one on the bottom to the tabs that stick out and the other one at the top of the amp height into the frame of the back seat. Amps have to match in height for this to work but it worked sweet in my truck til I finally fried my amp :(

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Never with mine in teh 120+ Az heat with no AC.

·
08 VORTECMAX 4x4
256 Posts
I'll second the heat thing, it gets pretty damn hot out here in Riverside

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have two back there at the moment. Only time I've ever had heating issues is when the components don't match the amp well. Pretty sweet though, go to homes depot and get two small pieces of angled aluminum, screw one on the bottom to the tabs that stick out and the other one at the top of the amp height into the frame of the back seat. Amps have to match in height for this to work but it worked sweet in my truck til I finally fried my amp :(
Do you have a pic of what you are talking about, a little confused..
Thanks

·
08 VORTECMAX 4x4
256 Posts
Ya, I was gonna clean up a few things today. I'll try and get a pic up today.

·
08 VORTECMAX 4x4
256 Posts
Do you have a pic of what you are talking about, a little confused..
Thanks
DSC02274.jpg

The big red arrows are where I screwed in the small piece of angled aluminum (the small red arrow.) I had one on the top (big blue arrow) but now my amps are mismatched so it's back on top of the box under the seat. This one sits all lonely by itself for now. Hope it helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts