GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
STATIC 4 LIFE
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DJM 4/6 drop with 2" drop springs and 2" LCA. Of course a 6" rear flip. I know i can get 2" hangers for he rear to get me to 8" drop in the rear. But what am going to do to get 1" up front? They dont make a 1" spindle do they?
Any help would be great guys.
Thanks.

1,932 Posts
Out back i would go with a 2 in drop shackle NOT a hanger. Way easier to install... LOL like a hour of work compaired to a WHOLE lot more for the hanger. Up front I thought you were not suppost to use drop springs with drop LCAs? or maby its spindles and lower control arms? i dont know my head isnt that clean right now. I think they make a 1in drop spindle for the OBS truck but I could be wrong. I really dont know a good way to go from your 4in drop to a 5 inch drop... HMMMM..... MY personal fav was the stock LCA with a 3in spring and a 2 in spindle. Nice handling, Good clearance with the LCA. I think if you ran the 2 in springs and 2 in lower control arms and 1in spindles you would get into problems with your LCA being WAY low but im not 100% sure like i said my heads a little clouded

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
defenitely DO NOT wanna use drop spindles with drop LCA's.....lowers your scrub line to a point of it not being driveable..

if you want 5" up front you would wanna get a factory LCA back on there and then run a 2" spindle and a 3" coil. Then out back keep your flip kit and then get a 2" shackle...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts