GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine want me to set up a system for him. He has a 2004 F-250 Supercab. He want it to fit under the seat. So that limits the mounting depth to about 4.75" max. I was wanting to use a RE sub in this case. I figured that I would be going with a small RE series. My question with this is how is this sub. Has anyone heard this sub? The smallest RE sub i have heard is the SE series.
I want to get as much performance as I can with the application. I want to hear your opinions on this small 8". Also is there any other 8" sub with a mounting depth 4.75 or less you would suggest? My other option is the JL 8W3v3. At this point the JL looks like it may be better in this situation. But I have been really impressed with the RE's.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
check out the SL series.

i know grant(wagonb0y) is running re8s

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone else got anything? I have not really done much research on shallow mounts. Are they any good?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I wouldnt buy online just to save a few bucks. Memphis has a good warranty if you buy from a dealer. The shallow mounts also sound really good. You can look on woofersetc.com for a price but I dont think they have the new style Mclass subs only the old but they do have the shallow mounts on there.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i was not going to buy i just was wondering about a rough price so I know how much for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts