GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: Can I just pry them off. I'm pretty sure they are just on there with some heavy duty double sided mounting tape, but I figured I'd ask you guys first. I just want to make sure there aren't going to be holes underneath, & I'm not going to pull the paint off. Any secrets to getting them off? heat gun?? blow dryer??? And with a little wax & buffing you shouldn't be able to tell they were there when I'm done......right? BTW 2000 GMC Sierra Z71. Thanks again ........... LaTeR!!! :rocking:

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
I removed mine last weekend. I wish I thought about the fishing line. I used floss. Spray it 1st with the remover and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Them try removing them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
On a really hot day here in town mine came right off, very little work involved. A heat gun would do the trick since its cold out now. We just had to use a little cleaner to get the gunk off that was left over, but no paint damage :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yep I used fishing line on every emblem on the truck then took the glue off with goo-gone, blow-dryer, and a rag.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I soaked the emblems in WD40 and then peeled them off. I did it during the summer so i didn't have too many problems. After i waxed the tailgate again you cannot tell that anything was ever there :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just peeled them off and buffed out the scratched I caused doing that (I peeled it off with a srewdriver, don't ask why). Five minutes is what it all takes to complete this.

Attachments

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
ving316 said:
I just peeled them off and buffed out the scratched I caused doing that (I peeled it off with a srewdriver, don't ask why). Five minutes is what it all takes to complete this.
Screwdriver and paint :badidea: I took a little more than 5 mins when I did mine tho. Man I wish that the older trucks didn't have holes for the emblems or else mine would be completely clean...

·
Registered
639 Posts
I used fishing line....and tied each end around 2 screw drivers and worked it back and forth like a saw.....when I was done I sprayed on some 3m adhesive remover, and it all came off like a charm...

Advice...get some strong fishing line.....as for my side badges the SLE's on the side of the cab they came off with my finger nail then 1 spray and wipe....

·
tschmidt098
173 Posts
atomoverride said:
I used fishing line....and tied each end around 2 screw drivers and worked it back and forth like a saw.....when I was done I sprayed on some 3m adhesive remover, and it all came off like a charm...

Advice...get some strong fishing line.....as for my side badges the SLE's on the side of the cab they came off with my finger nail then 1 spray and wipe....
on my 97 there are black rails on the bottom goin down the side of the truck are there holes under there. or can i take it off just like the emblems

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
tschmidt098 said:
will there be holes behind mine i have a 97 GMC Sierra
No, just do the procedure outlined in the above posts and you'll be fine. The C/Ks emblems are just glued on, no holes.

·
tschmidt098
173 Posts
brock said:
man! i did it during summer when it was like 110... soaked it with adhesive remover and they were still a bitch to take off.... harder than the side moldings...

are there holes behind the side moldings?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
no on the 88-98's there are no holes anywhere behind any of the moldings.
On the 99-04's the only place where there are holes is behind the tailgate cap.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
go to a hobby store and get some goof off and put it on the sides of the emblems and let it soak in for a while use some fishing line and pry the emblems off, this is what i did and it looks great.

D

·
0 Posts
I took mine off my 2000 chevy with a razor blade.......thank God for a steady hand :evillol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts