GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOoooo Ive googled and done it multiple times but with no avail finding a snorkel for a gas silverado 08 NNBS. Do the airflow/safari snorkels "bolt" right up to the manifold or do they attach to the MAF sensor? Im very new to this and since I live in florida where the roads flood alot, ive been debating whether or not to get it. Id rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it. Thanks for the help!!

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,692 Posts
If the roads are flooding that bad you should not be driving through them.

Post pick of your truck now

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
If you need a snorkel to drive on flooded road youre also going to need scuba gear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have anything but some lights and exhaust on my silvy, its completely stock, some AT tires but no lift or anything. I dont have a choice, if the roads flood i still need to get to school.....

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,692 Posts
You need to reevaluate your safety. You have more to worry about then sucking water in your intake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

not the greatest pic but you see it.... hence a snorkel....I dont have a choice not to go to school, if i miss 2 days of school I attendance fail.....Since the va pays me i cant afford to fail school(MMI/UTI)

·
Registered
763 Posts
A snorkel on a stock truck will only help it to continue running as it floats away.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Location is Ohio, but lives in florida :think:

OP, driving through deep water is bad for all of your truck, not just your engine. If it were me I would not drive through a flooded road. Could easily be replacing transmission, differential(s), hubs, wheel cylinders, etc. Plus if it is in salt water you may as well just buy a boat.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,692 Posts
You should look for a new place to live if you are that worried. What you are basically saying is that you plan on driving through water deeper than 2'

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Do you realize how the deep the water has to be in order to actually NEED the snorkel?

If the roads are flooded that bad then most of Florida is also probably flooded and you wont have school anyways.

Youre not picking up what we're laying down here. If the water is so deep that you actually need the snorkel then the whole inside of your truck will also be flooded - seats, carpet, vents, ect.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
We are helping you, no need to get anally aggravated. If you're only worried about your motor, fine. Get a snorkel. But unless you like replacing expensive parts and/or getting swept off a flooded road don't drive through deep water on a roadway. In case you didn't know, when a road floods it has the potential to form a sinkhole which will swallow your truck. You'll also get close to zero traction, especially on asphalt which is basically oil with some rocks for structure.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I dont have anything but some lights and exhaust on my silvy, its completely stock, some AT tires but no lift or anything. I dont have a choice, if the roads flood i still need to get to school.....
If you are still here, what school are you going to that they expect you to make it to school even if all the roads are flooded and they still expect you to attend?

If the roads are flooded enough you need a snorkel and they expect you to be there anyway your school sucks IMO.

Btw- when there is flooding bad enough to need a snorkel you shouldn't be driving on roads anyway. That much water can easily wash away the road and you'll never know it until it's too late.

But please- ignore our advice and turn your truck into the USS Silverado Submarine and let us know how it turns out for you in the end.

·
Registered
443 Posts
You guys scare away all of the fun ones :(. Was looking forward to pics of a truck turned submarine.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
How are you going to waterproof all of your electronics under the hood? Are you doing different door seals? What about all the holes in your firewall? Manual fan controller to deal with your e fans from spraying water all over the place. Snokrel isnt going to help you much at all if you dont do that stuff.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Don't you just hate it when on your way to school, driving through a river, and some d-bag in a car has to go and hit you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLi2ApFhbY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLi2ApFhbY[/ame]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts