GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thanks to anyone who might be able to assist.

I have a 2008 GMC Denali truck. Recently (about 4 months ago) my battery died in the truck. It wouldn't start, and I put a charger on it for an hour to get it to the Firestone to get the battery replaced. On the way to get it replaced, at a stoplight, the battery died and I had to get a jump start. During this process I lost audio in three of my speakers. All at once.

For a moment, it came back on, but when I turned the truck off later at the Firestone, the three speakers failed to come back on. From that moment on, no more audio. I can adjust the fader, and the only speaker working is the front drivers side in the door and the tweeter in the column. The Sub is not putting anything out, and neither are the rest. I have lost door chimes, and warning sounds.

I have an aftermarket stereo which I installed, and understand I have the Y91 amp (the LUX version). After tons of research, I learned, the amps are generally the problem and can go out. Speakers can as well, but with all three going out at once, I would be surprised they all went out including the sub. So i called the dealership, got the part number for the amp, and ordered one.

This weekend I completed removing the Center Console and replacing the amp. The problem remains. I then decided to reinstall the factory head unit to see if that was the problem, this eliminates the wiring harness as it plugs straight into the plugs from the truck. The problem still remains. I can not for the life of me understand what the problem would be? Is there a computer to reset? I initially pulled the Amplifier Fuse for about 2 hours to let that reset hoping that would be the problem. Nothing has resolved this issue.

Can anyone add some insight into why both amp's would exhibit the same problem of only one speaker producing audio?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
try swapping the 1 good speaker for a bad one

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try swapping the 1 good speaker for a bad one
I was hoping that wouldn't be the scenario. From what I gather, getting the door off is a pain in the rear. Taking two of them off will just suck.

How are they connected? I know with Bose systems they are normally as much of a pain in the you know what as possible. Are they hard wired? Do i need to cut the wire? Do they plug in like normal speakers?

Anyone else know of any reason three speakers could fail all at the same time?

Lastly, how hard is it to replace the sub in the center console?

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Before anything else, I'd leave the battery disconnected overnight. Anything that could be reset, would get reset.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before anything else, I'd leave the battery disconnected overnight. Anything that could be reset, would get reset.
Thank you for the suggestion, however I went ahead and took it to the dealer to have them look at it. I left the new amp in the truck with it showing the same symptoms as the previous amp. According to the guy who setup the appointment, the tech got in and was able to reprogram the amp to my truck and when I picked it up, everything was running like normal. However, now that I have been reading up on the speakers I now have a desire to replace some of the stock stuff. Might look into some focals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts