GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...this is a question I'm asking for a buddy. It's his wife's brand new car...

Any of you audio guys know if it is possible to wire in an iPod to a base-model 2008 Nissan 350Z stock radio?

It is base...stock....single CD in-dash, with no changer. The Nissan dealer is telling them there is no way to do this without upgrading to the stock unit that includes the remote cd changer.

IDK. Maybe one of y'all do...?

·
Iron Block LS2
192 Posts
Link 1 Wont work. That is for Changer only.

Link 2
This one is for SAT ready radios so as long as it has printed on it that is explained in this link then this should be a go for you.
Probably can find either of those cheaper elsewhere, but those might help :D
Just clarifying his links for you.

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:)

Yeah. That seems to the big issue. Their coupe has no in-dash or remote CD changer, and according to him and AFAIK, it's not sat-ready either.

This car is as base stock as he could get.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Just clarifying his links for you.
I'm not up on my nissan radio stuff, but couldn't the radio have the changer input, without having the changer? I don't see why Nissan would have a different radio specifically for the changer :shrug:

Taken From Product Info said:
CD Changer Port: The adapter uses the factory radio's CD Changer port so if the vehicle has an existing outboard CD Changer it must be disconnected.
Kind of makes it sound like it would work on a vehicle without an external changer :shrug:

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
I'm not up on my nissan radio stuff, but couldn't the radio have the changer input, without having the changer? I don't see why Nissan would have a different radio specifically for the changer :shrug:

Kind of makes it sound like it would work on a vehicle without an external changer :shrug:
not usually, if it doesn't have a changer/SAT/AUX button, 9 times outta 10 it won't have the input

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
headphone jack dat biatch

lol but seriously i dont know shit about those 08 350z's... gl man

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not usually, if it doesn't have a changer/SAT/AUX button, 9 times outta 10 it won't have the input
^^^^^^^^Agreed^^^^^^^^

Yep.

This seems to be the issue he's run into.

I told him to hit up the local pick & pull yards for an upgraded factory unit which has the (seemingly) req'd input.

Oh, well. Thanks for y'all's thoughts. Personally, I think he's out of luck w/o changing the head unit. The shitty part of the deal is the salesman told him that it'd be no problem to put the iPod cable on this particular radio. Guess he either didn't know, or was simply bullshitting to make a sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts