GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im thinking of doing the following to my truck..jsut like pacebria's white chev:

Cognito UCA
Rancho shocks Green keys
2 in. blocks in the rear

and im gonna put 305s on 17 or 18 inch rims....but until then i want to get a levelling kit by tuff country or something...

can this levelling kit still be used after i get those other lift mids done or will it have to be taken off? because i dont wanna spend 200 bucks on a levelling kit if im just gonna have to take it off in a month or so.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
It sounds like your truck is an HD, because of the Green keys you mentioned... and if that is the case I would advise not to put a 2" block in the back unless you want a rake... because if you try to level out the front with a the back 2" higher than you are gonna have some pretty steep angles man. If anything, raise the front with the keys first and then see if you might could need a one inch block. You get me?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
no my truck is NOT an HD...i know NOTHING about suspension and lifts...and i thought i could do basically the same mods as Pacebria's truck..i guess im wrong? how would u suggest i get this kind of lift?
Well then if your truck is a halfton, and you only want to level it... then I would just crank your factory torsion keys up a bit and try to level it. If your lookin for a small llift then I would get ford keys and some longer shocks, or shock extensions and maybe a 3" block in the back and then a 3" body lift... Also, cognitomotorsports.com makes a nice Upper control arm kit that helps alot when you wanna crank the bars up... It helps with longer down travel, better balljoint angles and stuff like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts