GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went up to 4wheel parts the other day to find out about 07 tahoe lift kits and they hit me with some crazy news. They said they did a 7" fabtech kit on an 07 avalanche and that it looked like crap and that the largest tires they could fit on there were 33's and that was only after ALOT of cutting. Also they said that the fabtech kit was the only one that had been approved so far. Not sure if all this is true, what do yall think?

·
meow
15,748 Posts
pro-comp has a lift for the 07+ tahoes... I can't believe pro-comp would release a lift that 4wp wouldn't sell. Maybe it hasn't reached full production or something yet :shrug: This doesnt happen to be a 2wd does it?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I think that store is BS'ing you I have that same kit, at least the front part it actually lifts the truck 8" it just drops the front differential down 7", and i know for a fact, you can easily clear 35s with NO cutting. Im about to be running 37s with their 7" kit and 2" levling kit. They had problems with their pro comp kits causing the steering wheel to lock up going down the road.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Why would Pro Comp not make a kit, I mean Four Wheel parts makes that brand right? Im sure they were just trying to sell something else. You gotta know your stuff before you buy.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I've had many bad experiences with 4 wheelparts. When they sent me my lift, they sent one box...it was the rear box kit for a tahoe. They sent more parts, two boxes for the front of my truck, and nothing for the rear. I ended up piecing together my rear kit and shocks. The tahoe rear lift costed me $740, it was included in the 2100 i paid for the lift for my truck. So i asked how much the right lift was going to be for my truck for the rear, $740. So i called BS and told them to pick up their damn tahoe kit and give me back my $740. I'll never deal with them again. The bad part is, i called them twice to make sure they had the right stuff coming because i checked their part numbers against fabtech's and they were for the tahoe. but i was "reassured" it was for my truck.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
wow, that is ridiculous. Im glad to know that before i buy my lift. Ill check around before i buy one. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
I would only sell you a fabtech kit because all the other kits (pro comp, rancho, etc) are all having issues with the active stability control in conjunction with the kit. We have done 5 or 6 kits on the newer coil gmc/chevy trucks and not had any issues with the fabtech kits, the spacer kit scares the shit out of the me tho
DSCN0380.jpg

DSCN0378.jpg

The first few we did were for our dealer services division and I would have heard of any issues immediately if any had surfaced...and not all salesmen at 4wheelparts are complete retards, just most :crazy:

·
Registered
542 Posts
actually 4 wheel parts owns pro comp and they have a deal so that they can sell the maximum amount of pro comp lifts. They were probably wanting you to wait for the pro comp kit to get into production and work safely. i would say your best bet is to wait until you find the right kit for you and if it happens to be the one you are looking at now go for it

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I actually heard from an employee at 4wp who is a personal friend and I trust completly that they are having issues fitting big tires on the tahoes unless a ton of backspacing is run. Something about the shape of the fenders etc...

Ill see if I cant call him tomarow and find out whats going on. What 4wp store did you goto?

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
We have had fitment issues for damn sure, just have to run goofy backspacing on the tahoes...even on the new body 3/4 ton suburbans you have to run more then the trucks.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
That front tire on that Z71 looks like it's pretty damn close to the front bumper when turned...I think that's where most, if not all of the cutting would be. The bumpers on the new trucks hang down way too far, IMO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I actually heard from an employee at 4wp who is a personal friend and I trust completly that they are having issues fitting big tires on the tahoes unless a ton of backspacing is run. Something about the shape of the fenders etc...

Ill see if I cant call him tomarow and find out whats going on. What 4wp store did you goto?
I went to the one in dallas off of I35

1 - 20 of 29 Posts