GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a 2 door tahoe and getting rid of my silverado along with the payments. i found a decent looking tahoe on the outside on craigslist(no pics of interior). the problem i'm having is the 223,000 miles it has. he's asking $4500 for it which i doubt i'd pay. i'd offer something closer to 3500 or 4000 tops but my question to you guys is, should i not even look at this truck? find something with less miles? is 223,000 miles not as bad as it sounds? should i low ball offer like 2500 and keep the other 2 grand for a motor just incase? i'm sure it would eventually need a motor rebuild but do you think it would be dependable for awhile longer until i get money together to rebuild before it blows? it would need to be dependable thru the winter atleast. any advice would be appreciated Thanks!

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2533942649.html

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
It looks clean. However, has the trans ever been serviced? Are there any maintenance records? Thats a lot of mileage but if its been taken care of it will be ok. If nothings been done you might want to be prepared to start fixing stuff up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts