GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have to forgive me but this is my first truck.

I always wanted a RCSB to lower and mod. I have several other toys (cars and motorcycles) but this is my first attempt at a truck.

I've had mine for little over a month, and I love it, but it just doesn't have any small storage space for the little BS you keep in the vehicle.

I'm talking about things like wallet, cologne, sunglasses, etc..

I'm not sure if they are different per model but it seems my year came with two jump seats/consoles.

This is the one I have:

As you can see this one has very little storage space, just the cubie hole on top of the armrest.

This is the other one I see:

Not only does this jump seat have storage under the armrest, it also has storage in the jump seat. MUCH better option than what I have.

Then I come across this from time to time and its "alluded" that it also will fit my truck.

This would, by far, provide the best option for storage but in return eliminate the ability to carry the 3rd person and permanently divide the interior in half.

My question is will both of these options work.

I would think the console with the extra storage would be a fairly simple swap out but what about the full console?

I know you two Jack and Shake will give me some good advice.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Get the center console. I think there is a trim piece in the dash you might need to swap out but couldn't tell you for certain. I just know that it is possible and jumpseats are gay

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get the center console. I think there is a trim piece in the dash you might need to swap out but couldn't tell you for certain. I just know that it is possible and jumpseats are gay
I would DEFINITELY prefer the console to the jumpseat but anything is better than what I have.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Console talk sweet my favorite

Skip all options and go straight to the lt2 console. (which is what you posted). Do NOT get a LTZ console, alot of people nowadays will buy a ltz instead of a lt2 because they are much easier to find and a lot cheaper. However the ltz tucks under the dash and wont work with lt trucks, unless you want a giant hole in the front of the console and less space.

Both consoles you posted are a direct swap. Nothing is needed. Just pull the two front seats and shares the two inner seat bolts. No dash pieces need to be swapped

Check junkyards or car-part for lt2 consoles. Or ebay if you want to spend upwards of 5-700 bucks.

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Console talk sweet my favorite

Skip all options and go straight to the lt2 console. (which is what you posted). Do NOT get a LTZ console, alot of people nowadays will buy a ltz instead of a lt2 because they are much easier to find and a lot cheaper. However the ltz tucks under the dash and wont work with lt trucks, unless you want a giant hole in the front of the console and less space.

Both consoles you posted are a direct swap. Nothing is needed. Just pull the two front seats and shares the two inner seat bolts. No dash pieces need to be swapped

Check junkyards or car-part for lt2 consoles. Or ebay if you want to spend upwards of 5-700 bucks.

Exactly what I wanted to hear.

I had been thinking about it when I commented on your interior the other day.

I have seen several on eBay. The one in the best condition was $700 and one in decent condition (few noticeable scuffs) was about $550.

I might just go ahead and drop $700 so it looks better.

·
Registered
229 Posts
No no no do not buy on eBay.

Go onto LKQ. Consoles are like $50 on there.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Exactly what I wanted to hear.

I had been thinking about it when I commented on your interior the other day.

I have seen several on eBay. The one in the best condition was $700 and one in decent condition (few noticeable scuffs) was about $550.

I might just go ahead and drop $700 so it looks better.
Try www.lkqonline.com. I got a console for my 08 for $150 shipped.

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
229 Posts
Actually yes and no. You can click on the ad and sometimes you can click through the photos to find the pictures of the truck. Not of each part but it can show you some things that you want to see.

Not all of them do that though so be cautious

·
Registered
347 Posts
Great site with a ton of resources.

The only thing is that it doesn't post actual pics (I understand why) and you really have to know exactly what you are looking for.
Actually yes and no. You can click on the ad and sometimes you can click through the photos to find the pictures of the truck. Not of each part but it can show you some things that you want to see.

Not all of them do that though so be cautious
Exactly. I always look for the donor vehicles that have pictures of what I’m buying. If I’m buying a console for instance, I click through the pics of the donor truck and if the console isn’t pictured I go to the next. But also, if they pull a part and it’s broken they supposedly do a QC check and if it fails they find another, so the one you buy isn’t necessarily what you get. If the parts are scuffed and you have the Ebony interior, I have done a lot of experimenting with paint and found that Krylon Fusion in flat black is a near perfect match. I can’t tell which of my parts are painted and which aren’t.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Speaking of LKQ I literally just bought a part over the phone from them....

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exactly. I always look for the donor vehicles that have pictures of what I’m buying. If I’m buying a console for instance, I click through the pics of the donor truck and if the console isn’t pictured I go to the next. But also, if they pull a part and it’s broken they supposedly do a QC check and if it fails they find another, so the one you buy isn’t necessarily what you get. If the parts are scuffed and you have the Ebony interior, I have done a lot of experimenting with paint and found that Krylon Fusion in flat black is a near perfect match. I can’t tell which of my parts are painted and which aren’t.
Sounds good, I appreciate the info.
I may be picking your brain as I go along.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
$50 is insanely low for a full center console. Who got one at LQK for that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts