GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to take my truck to have some stuff fixed/repainted before the show season started they included: drivers side fender and both bedsides. Also I'm finally getting the overhead console and radiator cover painted. The thing is that the truck is stored in my grandfathers garage and he dropped something on it which put a dent in the rear pillar on the passengers side, a pretty big chip which is about the size of a 50 cent piece, and some scrathes on the door. The question that I was wondering is how should I tell the shop to paint everything. Should the just tape everything off and paint or unbolt the bed and repaint it. When the truck was painted everything was taken off and painted so right now theres no tapelines at all on the truck. What should I do?

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
If the use Fineline tape and get creative with your body lines, you will never see the paint lines. Paint the bed sides, and pull the bed back, you the pinch welds on the front of the bed as a tape point. Remove the tail lights, and use the inside of the tail gate jam as a tape point.

Fender .. just remvove and paint.

Cab pillar .. use the cab body line on the rear of the truck, and pull the weatherstrip and use that as a tape line .. put the weatherstrip back on . Bingo

Have them rebuff the whole truck so that you don't have swirl marks on half your truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts