GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im looking to get a few more ponies out of the 4.3L in my truck at a reasonably affordable price. Im looking at getting an underdrive pulley set to start off. First, is there any worthwhile difference between, say, Auto Specialties pulleys and March Performance? The The $40 difference has me leaning to Auto Specialties.

Also, Im looking to get rid of that 15 pound lead weight of a clutch fan and put an electric fan in. Any suggestions on an ideal size, etc to keep the truck cool? We're shooting for the 160-170* mark. Something with an adjustable thermostat would be nice.

I know this wont net astronomical improvements, but I think it'll be noticeable on my lil 4.3L. Its also to help my truck along while running the AC.

Thanks.

-Chris

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
One of my buddies here at college has an 88 RCLB 4.3 w/5spd and he's put headers, full duals w/magnaflows, k&n cold air kit, and a tune into it and you can tell a difference. There's no way you would mistake it for a 350 or 305, but he's getting 20-25mpg highway consistently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts