GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a 4" spindle lift on my 2wd silverado, and I was wondering what backspacing for my new rims do I need to get. I just priced a set of 15x8's with 3.25" backspacing and I think those will do, but I am also wondering if I will be able to run a 32x11.50 tire with that lift. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
3.25? Thats not very much backspacing... :think: I'm no 2wd guy but I'd think you'd need atleast 4.5??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at least? I thought anything less than 4.5 was supposed to be good. Because anymore backspacing then that will make it rub the control arms or something, but what do I know that is why i am asking here. LOL

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am worried with that little backspacing they will stick out like hell though. I wish I could see someone with a set on their truck. What are the backspacing on your wheels?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn.... I really don't want them sticking out anymore then that. I like the way yours are, but I can't imagine them stickin out any further then that would look good.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Sticking out any farther than mine would be quite a problem. Hell I wish mine tucked, it'd keep my truck alot cleaner...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I just checked and I can get the same wheels with 4" backspacing at the same price, and that is the only other option they come in. So i guess 4" it is. Any spindle lift guys know about the tires though? I mean if necessary I guess I could go ahead and opt for the upper control arm and 3" spring too. LOL

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
You dont want to get lower than 4.5" or you will rub like you were talking about. 4" would work out great.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input Dark Eternal. I trust your word, because from what i have seen you seem to know what you are talking about. Well i will order the wheels in the morning and the rest of my lift stuff next week, and as soon as i am done i will post up some pics.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Im 95% sure about it, Ive never had a 2wd lift but do know how the front suspension of a 2wd is setup. If you still arnt sure you can call the lift company to make s ure.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Depends on the brand of spidle. My CST spindles allows no more than a 4 5/8 back spacing. So if you dont like you wheels to stick out to much then stick to a 9" wheel...

·
Registered
283 Posts
it will stick out alot. 3.25 backspacing sticks out further than 4.5 backspacing. So if your spindle sticks the wheels out and inch further, your really starting to push the wheel and tire out there. Your not lifting the truck super high either, so it will look wierd.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts