GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this has probably been debated and discussed on very many times but im a noob at this and havent came up with any research. i saw w.watt's thread and i knew i had to go with 4/6 and 24's but houston streets would NEVER allow me to run a 25 series tire. so all in all im asking if there is ANY alternative tire selections i could go with.

thanks

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Why dont you just run a 22 with a taller tire, or maybe a 24 in the back and 22 in the front.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in my area its VERY common, i have yet to see this setup done so thats pretty much my main reason and i just LOVE how it looks

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
just got to do what you got to do...no other way around it.
it's your choice if you want to replace rims left and right along with tires.

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Anything over a 22 just doesnt look right IMO. DONK DONK

·
Hooked on trucks
605 Posts
I live between Baltimore and DC and some of the roads around here are pretty rough. That's why I went with 20's just so I could put some rubber between the rims and the street.

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you really wanna run 24's and a 4/6 drop your looking at spending some money, you can run a taller tire probably if you tub out the rear and shorten the axle, then youll also have to tub the front and roll fenders and itll probably still be a tight fit. IMO i would go with a sweet set of 22's, just get something a little nicer since youll be saving quite a bit from buying 24s with tires and just go that way. Houston rodes are rough, i used to have a dropped integra with 18's and a 35 series tire and i couldnt pull into my own drive way without rubbing my front bumper, plus railroad tracks were a bitch!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
We do 4/6 drops for a few dealerships and always run a 265/35-22. Looks killer, doesn't rub (much) and rides great.
I can give you a killer price on a kit if you are interested, in stock ready to ship.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
dont do 24's on a static drop.....i personall wouldnt even go as big as a 22, i plan on sticking with just a nice clean 20 and thats it

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
You know what i say.........go all out and get the plexiglass 30's:puke:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I wouldnt go any larger than 22's. Too donkish 9/10 times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts