GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: ok big questions herre i got a 85 custum deluxe and i want to put flames on the dash and door panels 1st question are all dashes and and panels paintible 2nd question can you get interior paint (not spray paint but hand paint) 3rd question could anyone that has the hand paintable in there truck tell me if its good or not and not chipable and could you also put in some pictures of the paint

:cheers: thanks :cheers:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Yes you can paint interior pieces. It takes ALOT of prepwork and proper materials to make them look good though. I have probably 6 hours of sanding into my dash bezel alone. I used the same type of paint that is on the outside of my truck to paint it as well, so no spray paint here. I have had friends who spraypainted interior parts and i wouldn't advise it at all.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
~~HARMLESS_JOKER~~ said:
:help: ok big questions herre i got a 85 custum deluxe and i want to put flames on the dash and door panels 1st question are all dashes and and panels paintible 2nd question can you get interior paint (not spray paint but hand paint) 3rd question could anyone that has the hand paintable in there truck tell me if its good or not and not chipable and could you also put in some pictures of the paint

:cheers: thanks :cheers:

Yes. It is paintable.

Paint from a spray gun will look 10000 times better than any finger paint you may have used on previous projects.

Which part of the dash and door panels are you talking about? Are you wanting to paint the metal part, so the flames would start from the bottom of the dash and face the people in the truck, or did you want to paint the top half of the dash, facing the windshield?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts