GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on gettin some 20s through jegs for 195 a piece :head:
oh there the centerline stingray 3s
well my question is how do your trucks ride and r u happy with the 20s you have i have told my parents that the 20s wont affect the ride that much cause i plan on gettin some 285/50 tires to have some side wall
any input on this would be great ASAP
thanx in advance
jester

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
my 275/45/20s rode like crap... i think it was mostly the suspension though. NOw the rims and tires are on my dad's denali, and it rides a lil rougher, but not enough to want put extra padding on the seat. Its a lil stiffer i guess.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx so far guys thats what i thought myself seeing as how my suspension is stock except for 2 inch drop shackles to level and i would like to hear from some other people too since everyone on here runs dubs and all now
thanx again

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cool i think im gonna do it but dont stop chimming in the guy im buying tires from and having mount them is gonna give me 400 bucks for my stock rims and tires but they only have 6800 miles on them and look brand new so im getting 4 tires for like 400 bucks mounted on my truck :head:
i think this is a good deal my self and not to mention i think those wheels will look :pimp: on my truck and i cant wait either

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
man it's a truck if the rides a little rough don't worry about it.:D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
01GMC said:
You mean when the say, "My truck rides like a Caddy" ... they were only messing with me?
Naw, i'm just saying if you don't have that caddy smoothe ride in a truck don't worry about it. Besides you have bags so it better ride good.:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well good news guys i just ordered them. well 2 of them anyway the other 2 are on order and should be here in a week or 2 cant wait ill post some pics when i get them on and let you know when they get here too
thanx again later

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
01GMC said:
:insane: Yeah I have no complaints .. I was only goofing.

It rides as good as 255/25's can sometimes .. and sometimes is nasty .. of course the road has alot to do with it.
A good ride and feeling the bumps from a short sidwall are two different things in my book. Love my trucks ride, but bigger tires would eliminate the harshnes i sometimes get.

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
grounded said:
A good ride and feeling the bumps from a short sidwall are two different things in my book. Love my trucks ride, but bigger tires would eliminate the harshnes i sometimes get.

I can't agree more. When I had my stocks on going to Dust Off .. I rode 85 mph the whole way .... it rode great.

I can get the same on the 20's however a bad stretch of road will piss you off. It still rides good .. I just get angry cause I don't want to bend the rims not from the ride it's self.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
01GMC said:
I can't agree more. When I had my stocks on going to Dust Off .. I rode 85 mph the whole way .... it rode great.

I can get the same on the 20's however a bad stretch of road will piss you off. It still rides good .. I just get angry cause I don't want to bend the rims not from the ride it's self.
We had to beat one of my fronts yesterday with a hammer to fix a bend on the inside. Damn thin started loseing air after well over a year of being bent.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i got some bad news guys the guys from jegs called and said my card was denied :flame: so now i got to try to call visa and then my bank and get this shit straightened otu beforei break somebodies jaw or they come up missing but it shouldnt be that hard i hope
ill keep everyone updated
once again :flame:
later
jester

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
The Centerline Stingray is a great wheel. You will enjoy them :head: They simply cannot be beat for the price (the whole Tommahawk series for that matter)

I like how my truck rides on 20s with 245/40/20 tires better than the stock tires. Maybe i'm just weird...or maybe i'm just used to sports cars, but i like the way it makesthe steering wheel feel. It rides and drives much less sloppy with short sidewalls.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
01GMC said:
You mean when the say, "My truck rides like a Caddy" ... they were only messing with me?
my shit rides like a caddy:read: LOL. I dunno, escalades ride ok IMO. My by canti kicks my 2/4s ass. I'd get sick if i drove my truck too fast for too long before.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha guess what i just called my bank (where my girlfriend works also who already checked on everything god my girl rocks :head: ) and everythign is straightened out and the wheels are on there way as planned. man i was pissed and i wanted to :guns: somebody but its ok now though and i will have dubs haha :rocking: thats all for now i will update with pics later
peace out
jester

1 - 20 of 20 Posts