GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an 05 CC Z with a BL on it and it actually didnt look too bad. I have shyed away from them because my cousin had one on his 97 tahoe and when you hit bumps the body shook quite a bit does it do that on the NBS trucks? What are the really bad/annoyances with a BL? I never driven a truck with one day in and day out only in my cousins truck and I hated how it shook when you hit bumps on or offroad, I DONT want that with my truck. Also if I go with front a rear replacement bumpers is there anyway to mount them to where they match the body and them still be REALLY strong since the front bumper will have a winch in it and the rear hitch will be used to tow a decent amount of weight. Supposedly there is a place near me that can build custom bumpers but I dont even want to know how much that costs. With ford keys, GK bars and mayeb an AAL in the rear will the BL allow me to run 35s on a 20x8.5s with normal backspacing(not the 4.5" like alot of lifted guys go with)? I just want to know what Im getting myself into if I do indeed go that route. If I do a BL I will be getting gap guards. Any particular brand BL better then the others?

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my damn computer screwed up can someone delete this thread

edit: NM this thread is taking off more then the other one:LOL:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
if his tahoe shook with a body lift then the bolts must have been loose because it should not change the ride of the truck at all, it just raises the center of gravity a little, not enough to really tell. Maybe something else was wrong with his truck. You can definetly run 35s with that set up, some even run 37s so your safe if you stick with 35s. As far as bumpers go, if you get aftermarket, you can have them custom build the frame mounts 3" higher to match up to the body. Make sure to get some gap guards to cover the space between the body and frame of the truck.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
you shouldnt be able to tell when you ride in a vehicle with a body lift that its there... if you can, something isnt right IMO.
this is my 3rd BL'd vehicle... the only thing that annoys me is when theyre not done right... when you do them right, they dont look that bad at all

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Cody you gonna be under anybodies truck this weekend? I'm back in town until monday. When are y'all going to the track? I wouldn't mind tagging along.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts