GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What backspacing and offset would i need for wheels to tuck on a Tahoe(bagged)

bonspeed
24x10

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
On a x10 i would go with something that has 7.5" of backspacing....but i think your gonna rub the brakebooster...i forgot what you need to do exactly to solve that problem...

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
On a x10 i would go with something that has 7.5" of backspacing....but i think your gonna rub the brakebooster...i forgot what you need to do exactly to solve that problem...
I thought you had to go to hydroboost? Something to that extent.

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
ok well in that case, you will need 7.5" bs like the other guys said. and plan on having alot of problems up front with a 10" wide wheel and laying frame

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont most 24" come in x10 only ?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
in billets you can get 24x8.5

·
//Negative Camber\\
1,050 Posts
in billets you can get 24x8.5
The only company I know of that will cut a 24x8.5 is Intro. The reason most don't is because they actually have to cut down a 10" hoop to make the 8.5" hoop for the 24" rims and there are issues keeping it in round. Kdubaz asked bonspeed about this size and this is what they told him.

Later
Chad

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
The only company I know of that will cut a 24x8.5 is Intro. The reason most don't is because they actually have to cut down a 10" hoop to make the 8.5" hoop for the 24" rims and there are issues keeping it in round. Kdubaz asked bonspeed about this size and this is what they told him.

Later
Chad
You can get 22x8.5 in Bonspeed, Billet Specialties, etc.

Go 22x10 with 7.5" in the back and 22x8.5 with 6" in the front.

Whatever wheel you go with, subtract 2.5" from the wheel width and that is how much backspacing you need.

·
//Negative Camber\\
1,050 Posts
You can get 22x8.5 in Bonspeed, Billet Specialties, etc.

Go 22x10 with 7.5" in the back and 22x8.5 with 6" in the front.

Whatever wheel you go with, subtract 2.5" from the wheel width and that is how much backspacing you need.
You are right, you can get a 22 in an 8.5, but he is asking about 24s. I actually just paid for a set of 22x8.5s from bonspeed. Will be a while before they get here, but I can't wait.

Later
Chad

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I dont wanna do 22"s

ill call them and ask about it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts