GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
JackedUpSierra
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 gmc sierra with a 6 inch BDS lift and I'm wanting to put a 1.5 body lift on it now. I've ordered it once and cancelled it because people are telling me they put stress on the electrical on the truck and this and that just want to here a few more opinions and see if there are any pics out there of a gmc sierra with a 6 inch lift and then a body lift also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i've never heard of a bl putting stress on the electrical components of a truck...

i've had my 1.25" bl on for about a yr now with no issues

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a zone 1.5 BL on top of a 6 inch suspension and I have no complaints. I've had the BL in for well over a year now and like i said, no complaints. I say go for it man.
oh and I'd upload a pic but I got a chevy!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sig pic is an 06 with 6"+1.5". Zero issues. If you are a complete idiot and f-up the install maybe you could screw with electrical but I don't really see how.

·
JackedUpSierra
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a zone 1.5 BL on top of a 6 inch suspension and I have no complaints. I've had the BL in for well over a year now and like i said, no complaints. I say go for it man.
oh and I'd upload a pic but I got a chevy!
I'm just gonna have to quit worrying about what people are pulling out of thin air and go for it because my tires are rubbing a little bit and I think that extra little bit would help me out. Chevy and gmc's are pretty well the same. Got any specs on it?

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
They dont know what they are talking about lol go for it

·
Registered
472 Posts
Unfortunately I don't but maybe Chitter can help ya out. But yea dude don't over think it! The install is super easy. I clear my 35's no problem and I have a -24 offset. Go for it!

·
JackedUpSierra
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kept asking myself and going over every possible thing it could of put stress on and I couldn't come up with anything it's bother but I never claimed to know everything that's why I figured I'd ask around to some more experienced people with body lifts.

·
JackedUpSierra
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately I don't but maybe Chitter can help ya out. But yea dude don't over think it! The install is super easy. I clear my 35's no problem and I have a -24 offset. Go for it!
Well I have a 20x10 with a -24 offset and a 35 inch tire and spacers and their just barely rubbing and I don't wanna trim anymore where it's noticeable so I'm thinking that's fix the problem and give me just a little bit more height on top of the cleareance issue.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Well I have a 20x12 with a -24 offset and a 35 inch tire and spacers and their just barely rubbing and I don't wanna trim anymore where it's noticeable so I'm thinking that's fix the problem and give me just a little bit more height on top of the cleareance issue.
Yea you'll clear 'em fine after the BL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts