GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my trucks current state in the shop, the buckets are gonna be filled with 59 caddy taillights. But we dont know what would be a good spot for the liscense plate box, we wana keep the back end as clean as possible so we were thinkin the window could be a good bet. Any ideas?
ps. my first time tryin to link a pic, so i hope it worked.....

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Are you keeping the bed cover? there's a kit out there that is a billet license plate holder, you havecut a hole in the main bed support located by the cab. Then mount it and plug it into your air system. Then whenever your ready for it to go up press a button and it goes up and when you want it down press a button and it's down and sits flush with the bed support. I've seen it on an S-10, it's slick. You can also take a power window motor and tracks and mount a plate to the trac that pushes up on the window, then put it between the cab and bed. You'll have to do a little cutting on it, but it looks good as well and alot cheaper too.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya im keepin the bed cover. Once it's all painted and done i think it will look sharper with the tonnue on. I was thinkin about doin a flip down plate under the roll pan that comes down when the ignition is turned, and comes back up when it's off. I see the idea your talkin about way2hi and it is hella sharp, i would just need to work around the bed cover somehow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts