GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna change the oil in my truck in a bit and was wondering if there was an easier/less messy way to change the oil filter?
I usually drain the pan then change the filter, but when I unscrew the filter the oil drips down the filter and onto my hands. I was thinkin bout keeping the oil cap on the engine on and taking the filter off hoping that the oil wouldnt drip on the filter and hands. Then taking the cap off and letting it drain onto my oil container.

Think it'll work...

Any suggestions...

Thanks in advance for the info.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Get a screwdriver and small hammer...put the screwdriver on the bottom, pop a little hole in it, give it 2 mins to drain out, and there you go, a lot less messy...worst thing you have to clean up is the screwdriver with a rag, but theres usually not much on there.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
popping a hole or 2 in it is a good idea. ive never done it, and i had i wouldnt have made so many huge mess :crazy:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was the easiest and quickest oil change I've ever done. :anitoof:
The hole in the filter is a great idea. :shake:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
glad to see i could finally help someone out on here. I read it soemwhere on here before i did my last oil change, and it helped out a lot for me. Im glad i could help out others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts