GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. i have a MTX sledgehammer box for two 12s. a guy wants to trade me this box for it. No subs included. Whos getting the shaftaroo?

same as this, just not in a shitty blue car and im not a chinese

his box.
001.gif

002.gif

003.gif

004.gif

Hes wanting to meet tonight and im about to leave work so i need to know quick. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Re: Quick opinion! Trade MTX sledgehammer box for custom fiberglass box??? Need to kn

That box wasn't hard to make.

The only thing is that he had it painted

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Quick opinion! Trade MTX sledgehammer box for custom fiberglass box??? Need to kn

id have to have it repainted.. if i even used it. i have no skills in fiberglassing whatsoever, and ive never priced a fg box so i dunno if theyre worth the same or what.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Night crew?

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts

The sledgehammer box is going to give you more sq and bass then the fiberglass box plus it is worth a hell of a lot more....hence the "MTX Sledgehammer" box opposed to the John Doe fiberglass box...
:imo

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

alright thanks. Ill keep it then.

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts

thats one of the cheap premade fiberglass boxes, if you get it you'll need to do some more glass work on the inside, i installed one just like it in a TC with 3 JL W1s & you watch it flex at a moderate volume

·
S-Marts Top of the Line
191 Posts

keep your sledgehammer box

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

damn.. well yeah i guess ill keep it. ive just always like the way those fg boxes look. the sledgehammer does hit like a mofo though.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts

Yeah they slam...once upon a time i had one 9500 dual 2 in a sledgehammer box with a memphis 1000d on it..sounded good....then i upgraded to 2 dual 4s and 1500d (memphis of course)

·
1,847 Posts

Thats a box off eBay. Saw it a long time ago when looking for boxes. Keep yours :imo

edit: and there's definitely not enough airspace in the FG box

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Ok, another question.. would this box handle two type r's and about 1500/2000 watts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts