GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they interchangeable?

I have a 95 Chevy, and it has the silverado style grille. But I like the look of the GMC's better, with the big, open, "fishmouth" style grille. They both appear to have the same composite lights.

Chevy:

GMC:

Do they interchange? :think:

TIA!

(I hope you guys don't mind that I "borrowed" your pics. If it's a problem, LMK, and I'll remove them)

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
both grille's pictured are 94-98, yes they are interchangable

just an FYI 88-93 grilles are the same as 94-98, only they require different bumper fillers

no problem on the pic man

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ryan, I appreciate it. :)

Looks like I'll be scoping out the boneyards around here! ;)

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
GMC's corner lenses are also shaped differently so make sure you pick a set of those up with the grill as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GMC's corner lenses are also shaped differently so make sure you pick a set of those up with the grill as well.
Ok. Will do! Thanks!

And have I mentioned how BADASS your Blazer is? One of the nicest looking lifted trucks I have ever seen. Beautiful!

Brings back memories of my old Jimmy from way back in the day. :(

I know, that's the OOBS, not the OBS, but similar lift and tire size. :D

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Yup. Other than that, you will just have to paint your GMC grill shell to match your body color unless you find one that matches...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup. Other than that, you will just have to paint your GMC grill shell to match your body color unless you find one that matches...
Well, I'll be spraying the whole truck within the next month, hopefully. So I'll be sure to grab a grille before then!

Thanks!

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Thanks bro I preciate the compliments. She's my baby and I've put a lot of sweat tears and money into it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the link. :)

·
GMC Owner
469 Posts
bill, if you don't get it, i might have too. my grille is not oem.

edit: neither are my fenders... i dont think. or my hood. and possibly my drivers side door.
thank you dealership for not letting me know it had been wrecked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts