GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd club
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, was wondering something.....would you be able to run 33's or 35's on stock wheels on my 01? They are saying something about backspacing being an issue, or something along those lines. Anyways i can get a set of 33" BFG all terrains for real cheap, but i didnt feel like goin out to get wheels for them also...was just gonna have em mounted to my stock wheels for now then save up a little for a set of 35's on 17s when i run my CST LT kit later on. But my question was basically can i run the 33's on stock wheels with that 4" CST spindle? Thanks for any input guys.

-Ryan

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I think if you put a small wheel spacer you can run stockers but I wouldn't go anymore than 33" tires. You might rub if the tires are 305/70/16s.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
:word: can't run stockers without spacers, true 33"s will rub more than likely. You can always throw a small spacer in with those spindles though...

FWIW:

33"s rub with 4"
you can make 33"s rub with 5"
33" clear with 6"

35"s rub and look like shit with 5"
35"s rub with 6"
you can make 35"s rub with 7"
35"s clear with 8"

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have those spindles on my 04 2500 (light duty). Currently running 35/12.50's on 17x10's. No crank over stock. It rubs the back side of the front fenderwell at full lock. I have the front bumper trimmed so it doesn't rub there. You do need to stick with no more than about 4-5/8" of backspacing. I think they say 4.5" but I have a little more room behind my wheels that are 4.5". I don't think stock wheels will fit but I have not actually tested it.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I just noticed you wanted to run the LT kit later on. That kit is a uniball kit so I think the spindle design is different and it comes with different control arms. You won't be able to use your spindle with that kit, forcing you to buy the whole LT kit.

·
Lifted 2wd club
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just noticed you wanted to run the LT kit later on. That kit is a uniball kit so I think the spindle design is different and it comes with different control arms. You won't be able to use your spindle with that kit, forcing you to buy the whole LT kit.
Yeah i plan on running that kit later on. It seems like a good kit for the price compared to Mazulla or camburg and other companies, plus i've heard and read a lot of good things about them, and im just going to be doing some decent offroading. but yeah it is a different setup which i figured when i felt its time to upgrade then ill just sell the spindles to my buddy who wants a mild lift later on.

ehh....who knows, i might end up maybe just doing a LT coil kit, just to get the stance i want and take it in the dirt every once in a while....im goin for the prerunner look but not sure if i wanna cut the coil pockets off this truck since its my daily....i just love the look of coilovers stuffed inside the wheel wells. I've got a 98 tacoma that i've build pretty well for a prerunner, just wanting the stance of my silverado but like i said not sure if i wanna be doin any major frame work to this thing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've got the 4" CST spindles and 1" coil spacers and I had to do a bunch of trimming to fit my 33".

·
Registered
46 Posts
uh whats wrong with your guys trucks?

i have the same 4" spindles and 285/70/17 bfg's on denali wheels 1" spacers barley rubs the plastic on the drivers side and thats it

i now have 295 70 16 toyo's and they were a bit much, the bumper had to be trimmed a bit, but they fit, and also switched to wider rims at 8"
the toyos measure 33.4 x 11.6

i would run a .25" spacer at the minimum
same front end two different trucks

red.gif

yellow2.gif

cst no longer makes that kit but they are designing a new one
you could do the 4" spindle and fenders and stuff 35's!
i have seen it done

·
Registered
84 Posts
uh whats wrong with your guys trucks?
My wheels have a 4.25" backspacing, so that's why I had to trim a little extra. I'd also prefer to trim more and never have a rubbing issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts