GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a quick question about removing mirrors from NBS trucks (2003 and up specifically).
I know that the triangle trim piece comes off and reveals the 3 nuts to remove the mirror from the truck. My question is Can i unplug the power wires for the mirror through that triangle trim piece...or do i need to remove the whole door panel to unplug the mirror??

The reason im wondering is because my cousin has a 2006 Silverado 2500HD with the big towing mirrors (the ones with dual mirrors in the housing).
I have the power extending towing mirrors on my 2003.
He ordered a brand new truck and is trading his in in a few weeks when his new truck comes in, and he said he would trade me mirrors.

Does anyone have and tips to help me do the swap? Im trying to do my homework before i start the swap.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

·
Vortec 6 fuckin liter V8!
160 Posts
On my 05 the wires for the mirror plug into the back of the window control switch, so the door panel has to be removed.

·
Milk was a bad choice.
998 Posts
Yeah I removed my mirrors last week. The door panel must come off. As many times as I've done this before, I somehow managed to screw up the door lock this time, and now the red bar barely shows when my door's unlocked :think:. I tried for like an hour to fix it but it still looks weird. Just a heads up lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts