GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Claying my bros NNBS right now and the rockers have a few drops of tar... a few of then came off with the clar bar but there are still a few little stubborn ones...what can I use to take em off????

I did search btw.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Just scrub a little harder. I had to do my friends truck and it was covered, and I mean covered in tar spots. from the valance all the way to the roof. He got behind a truck and some of the shit was spilling out. We just scrubed a little and they came off.

·
-Consistantly Retarded-
624 Posts
Be patient with the clay bar.

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got em all off...after half an hour lol...the little polisher im using is doing a good job...clayed and using meguires cleaner wax right now

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
There's no way I would clay bar or keep rubbing/applying pressure with you wash mitt to the tar. That's just asking for trouble. Before or after you wash you should pretreat the tar with a product that will just dissolve it/make it able to just wipe off.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I drive through tar at least once a week.

Use rainx bug and tar remover. Spray it on heavy wait 5 mins and spray again if its real bad. Then wash the truck with some good soap

Works every time

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
There's no way I would clay bar or keep rubbing/applying pressure with you wash mitt to the tar. That's just asking for trouble. Before or after you wash you should pretreat the tar with a product that will just dissolve it/make it able to just wipe off.
:word:

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
pics

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
That is a nice color. Good Job man, but post more pics lol

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its this truck...i didnt take any pics today but it basically looks the same but the paint is alot smoother...and now it has a black bowtie

_-045.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts