GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's still at the shop. Had a couple issues arise but hopefully get it back soon. Also ordered water injection for it. :ninja:

[yt]bB1r5xkHWw0&hl[/yt]

Why 4bt you ask? It was about 20K less than a Duramax Conversion and with bigger injectors, turbo and water injection it should be laying down 250+hp and 550+tq. :evil:

Since I didn't spend a lot on buying this Hummer I didn't want to spend more on a motor than its worth. I think this will be a perfect combination.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Why not the 6bt? There has to be plenty of room under that hood for the extra length, no?

From what I have read about 4bt and 6bt motor swaps, the 4bt costs a bit more when all said and done.

:think:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No 6cyl. :(

Cool though. :head3:
Nah. To much $.

Why not the 6bt? There has to be plenty of room under that hood for the extra length, no?

From what I have read about 4bt and 6bt motor swaps, the 4bt costs a bit more when all said and done.

:think:
Nope. You have to move the 6bt way back needing a body lift, new drive lines, new fuel tank blah blah blah.

Fits in stock location. :)

nice todd
Gracias amigo.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Lol, awesome.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Very nice. I love the 4bt I have one sitting in the corner of my shop. Going to put it in my jeep as soon as the 4cyl. volkswagon diesel thats in it now dies (if it ever does).

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh how funny it was to randomly see Todd's hummer getting trailered around town. :rofljest:
hahhahaha You dick.

I smoked my transfer case on the way home from GA. My old man came and picked me up in Monroe LA. I hope you didn't get oil on your rig my old man blew his rear main out of his Dodge towing that home. hahahahaha

Transfer case is currently being rebuilt then ready for action. (I hope)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts