GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive ran a Flowmaster Super 40 as well as a Hooker Aerochamber on my truck. I hated the flowmaster... too much resonance, especially on the highway at cruising speeds.

The Aerochamber is much better as its quieter in the cabin yet still gives a fairly nice tone outside the truck.

However im more into listening to the music in my truck rather than the exhaust all the time and want something quieter. Im looking for something as quiet as a stock muffler if not even more silent yet still retains a performance aspect. Is there such a thing or is it simply best for me to go back to a stock muffler?

*and i have a cutout for when i want to be loud

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts
I dont know of any mufflers that are just as quiet as stock. My truck was nearly silent when it was stock so I don't see how you could get that quiet with something aftermarket. Magnaflow is pretty mellow, and I've heard that they can be quiet if you drive in a conservative manner.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive built my truck around Sound Quality and though ive never planned to compete, if the opportunity presented itself i would.

However right now in park/idle the exhaust is enough to drown out some of the more subtle aspects of the music that should be heard. Maybe i just need to go back to stock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts