GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the near future Im gonna be upgrading the gears in my truck to 4.56s and changing out the stock G80 differential for an Auburn Pro Limited slip differential. Ive been quoted by two places that for all the parts and install it will cost around $1800 out the door. Does that price sound right?

EDIT: Just a reminder Im 4x4.

MotoHead

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
lets see, how much is the pro? 500ish?

auburn pro - 500
front r&p - 175
rear r&p - 150
rear instal kit - 80
front instal kit - 80

thats close to 1000 in parts. 800 labor seems a bit high to me but not as bad as some places. I would think it should be more in the 1500 range overall unless im forgetting something.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I would think it should be more in the 1500 range overall unless im forgetting something.
Ya you are. Its So Cal, where everything is more expensive than anywhere else. :read:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
seems like an okay price for cali

:: steals thread ::

KINGZ71 did you ever get new shocks besides the supershits?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kyle said:
KINGZ71 did you ever get new shocks besides the supershits?
No :pissed: But I HAVE to. Im tired of these shocks. In about 2 weeks I'll have the pics of them installed. Looking good on the 36s, Kyle :rocking:

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
King Z71 said:
Did Wicked give you the same price?
Those quotes were from Conejo Offroad and T&R Performance. I havent asked Wicked Mods yet but I will today on my way home. Wanna meet there?

Dark Eternal said:
lets see, how much is the pro? 500ish?
The Auburn Pro Limited slip differentials for our trucks are around the $350 range I believe.

MotoHead

·
Banned
164 Posts
Uh....$1800? Does that include KY Jelly too??
I bought an Eaton posi, Precision 4.10s and the install kit for just under $600.
I took it to Hooper's rear end in Sun Valley(best rear end shop in the San Fernando Valley) and they installed it all for $200. So I spent almost $800.
And no...just because we're in Cali doesn't meant it's more expensive...$1800? That's fuckin robbery..

I called several different places before I did anything, which is what any smart person would/should do.
4WheelParts wanted $1500 for parts and labor...I about shit a brick when they said that...and you got quoted 1800? I want to go in their and have them tell me that so I can laugh in their faces :evillol:

·
Banned
164 Posts
Well I didn't know his was 4x4...he didn't say anything about that...I gues then that 1800 price isn't too steep
Gears are anywhere from $150 to $200..not bad really...anything more and ur gettin raped

·
Registered
229 Posts
give hoopers a call 818-899-2515 ask for anthony, and say david with the black one ton tahoe sent you, he will give you a good price.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
96chevysfa said:
give hoopers a call 818-899-2515 ask for anthony, and say david with the black one ton tahoe sent you, he will give you a good price.
2k1sierra also had mentioned that place so it sounds like the are pretty well known. Are they off the 210 fwy?

MotoHead

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
also try outlaw offroad, they are kinda far(irvine) but worth a shot.

and yes digging out the front diff is a lot of labor for them. its technically more work to change the rear gears tho, so they kinda balance out as far as labor front to back. if you were just getting gears i would only pay 1200. its not THAT hard to install the diff while they already have the damn thing apart. so maybe add the cost of the auburn plus 25-50 bux and thats it

·
Registered
167 Posts
Moto I got mine done for around $1500-1600. David gave me a couple referrals I ended up going to a place on Sepulveda near the 405, I can't remeber the name off hand but I'm sure he knows. Just a heads up, I went down a checked out a couple shops and although I didn't like having to leave my truck overnight in the valley Hoopers was in an even worse neighborhood.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
y2kboti said:
Moto I got mine done for around $1500-1600. David gave me a couple referrals I ended up going to a place on Sepulveda near the 405, I can't remeber the name off hand but I'm sure he knows. Just a heads up, I went down a checked out a couple shops and although I didn't like having to leave my truck overnight in the valley Hoopers was in an even worse neighborhood.
Thats a good price. Ive heard of this place many times. I think its called 4 Wheel Specialties? :think:

MotoHead

1 - 20 of 28 Posts