GMC Truck Forum banner

841 - 860 of 881 Posts

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Jason visited tonight!

Debbie was in the Kitchen tonight making dinner listening to her country music, walked outside and when she came back into the kitchen the radio had changed stations to the station Jason always listened to (which is not even program into the radio’s buttons). She came in my office to se if I had changed the station and I told her I had not been in the kitchen. I just told her he was letting her know he was there with her.

Once again, explain that one guys!

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
I contacted GoNDown Thursday night about needing Jason's memorial decals in black for the 4 Wheel & Off-Road's Fun Buggy, it seems the buggy is silver and the white decals would not show. Well, Ray (GoNDown) made them Friday morning and I recieved them today so we can have them for the King of the Hammers race - many thanks to Ray.

Now with JR running the stickers, the Red Bull Jeep and the Fun Buggy; we have three rigs in the King of the Hammers sporting Jason stickers - I'm sure he is very proud of that. Oh and don't forget Jason's Truggy will be cruzing the pits with its stickers.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
I spent most of today at the Hammers looking at many incredible rigs and talking to a lot of people I don’t really know. I spent most of my time with Fred Williams and John Reynolds and Fred gave me three gifts today. (1) The Jason Memorial Decal is displayed prominently on the Fun Buggy; (2) I’m now the proud owner of a Team Fun Buggy shirt and (3) the most dearest gift of all was a unstapled and untrimmed copy of the May issue of 4 Wheel & Off-Road. John gave a three gifts; (1) My personalized pit name tag with my Pirate name on it; (2) as mentioned before, Jason’s memorial decals on his rig and (3) a copy of his new poster that he was so kind to sign. What a start to 3 days of unbelievable hard core wheeling.

Now to the May issue of 4WOR; on pages 38, 39 and 40 is an article about an incredible guy whose family finished his huge Truggy after his death – an article well worth reading. It starts with:

“Did you ever know one of those guys who, no matter what time you call him, he’s willing to come help you out of a bad situation? Jason Payne was one of those guys. He would come if you needed a tow strap, a jump start, or even just to lend a hand moving. Even though he was only in his 20’s, he had the skills to completely rebuild his off-roader multiple times….”

Once you get your copy and read this article and see all the pictures I would like each of you to right a short letter to the editor letting him know what you feel about Fred’s writing, the article and how kind it was of 4WOR to do this article and keep Jason’s memory alive. Now to J’s Buggy built – who knows?

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Back in December I posted the following:

Here we go again; here I am working on the “Feature Truck Technical Information & Release Form” for 4 Wheel & Off-Road. At 11:58PM my phone rang and my wife Debbie asked from the other room who the heck is calling at this time of night. I looked at my phone’s caller ID and it showed Debbie Payne and her phone number. I answered the phone and could hear noise that sounded like a bunch of people off in a distance talking softly. I kept say hello and then it hung up. By that time Debbie was standing next to me and asks “Who called” and I said, “You did”. I showed her the call record which showed Debbie Payne and her number. I asked, “Did you loose your phone, where is your phone”. She said, “It’s in the Kitchen”. I followed her into the Kitchen and her phone was lying on the counter. I pushed recall to call back whoever called me and her phone rang.

Then this week I had the Built for Pennies dream and then today I believe I received conformation on everything that we are discussing doing here.

When I arrived at work today; as I opened the door to my office, just inside the door was a penny lying on the floor where I couldn’t miss it. No one had been in the office over the weekend and I had not told anyone about the Built for Pennies dream. Then at 10:43AM I was setting at my desk between meetings working on my emails with my phone lying over in the middle of my desk. At that time my phone rang and I answered and all I heard was light static and I said hello three times and then looked at the screen to see who was calling and it said Ken Payne and my cell phone number which is impossible. I stared at it for a couple of minutes and then called Debbie to tell her. She just said that J has found a way to let me know he is around and it’s a way I can understand and not rationalize away.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Friends of Jason:

I've been purposely off the forums while I did some deep soul searching. I really appreciate everyone's offers to participate in the Built4Pennies Buggy but I've decided not to accept money donations towards the build and will be returning all donations received. Money; even pennies, is just too tight in this economy and I really feel uncomfortable accepting your hard earned money. This doesn't mean the build is off, it just means JR and I will be approaching this build in a different way. I will keep everyone updated as to what we are doing and / or not doing as we go.

Thank you again and sorry for the confusion.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Remembering you Son:

Well J, I had a bad day of thinking of you all day, Mothers day and all. The guy you were supposed to meet at Blazer Bash 2007 in Moab that September from West Virginia; Rodney Loftis, told your Mom happy Mothers Day this morning, she was grateful for his thoughts. Rodney is planning to make Blazer Bash 2009 and I look forward to seeing him, you guys would have liked each other. Several neighbors called to wish your Mom happy Mother’s Day also and a few brought her gifts. Oh, I bought her a gift from you, but just not the same.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Remembering you Son:

Well J, I had a bad day of thinking of you all day, Mothers day and all. The guy you were supposed to meet at Blazer Bash 2007 in Moab that September from West Virginia; Rodney Loftis, told your Mom happy Mothers Day this morning, she was grateful for his thoughts. Rodney is planning to make Blazer Bash 2009 and I look forward to seeing him, you guys would have liked each other. Several neighbors called to wish your Mom happy Mother’s Day also and a few brought her gifts. Oh, I bought her a gift from you, but just not the same.
Happy Mother's Day Debbie! :) That's very nice of Rodney as well as your neighbors.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I had mine on at the 4runner Jambo yesterday. A few times the shirt introduced Jason into the conversation. Even Toyota guys in the South knew of Jason.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
The guys at Krawler Nation and I need your help. They are trying to get Krawler Nation on TV as a weekly show dedicated to wheeling but not just racing. They want to cover the family involvement side, the comradeship, watch guys push to the extreme; brake and then everyone jump in to help and in general, the side of wheeling we all can participate in and love. These are the guys that filmed Jason’s Truggy at the Hammers for their pilot movie.

Here is what they need at this time; they need as many hits on their website as possible. So I need all of Jason’s friends to go to www.krawlernation.com as many time as you can and continue this for the next couple of months. This is needed for them to show Speed Channel and others they have a following. They will be having video clips from their trips very soon. Please help as much as you can, I want to get J’s Truggy on this show. Thanks

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
great addition to the site.

id also like to add the other day while sittin on cheapskate hill out at the bakersfield speedway i ran into an employee from B&B metal who i started to chat with about truck, light trail riding and fabrication. he glanced over and saw the Jason Payne sticker on my rear window and got quiet for a second. first words out of his mouth were, "I remember him, one of the nicest guys ive ever met" he discribed his trucks old 60/14 setup down to a T and we ended up sitting up there and BS'in for about an hour. i guess what im trying to say is he will allways be remembered. hope the Payne family has a happy independence day.

841 - 860 of 881 Posts