GMC Truck Forum banner

601 - 620 of 655 Posts

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
GoNDown has offered to make another run of Willyswanter Shirts that will cost $12 each for sizes S through XL and $14 for 2XL. To order shirts email Ray at [email protected] and if you missed seeing them; go to http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616167. Shipping is additional and one shirt might be the same as two, so keep that in mind.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
GoNDown has offered to make another run of Willyswanter Shirts that will cost $12 each for sizes S through XL and $14 for 2XL. To order shirts email Ray at [email protected] and if you missed seeing them; go to http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616167. Shipping is additional and one shirt might be the same as two, so keep that in mind.
Update on shirts from Ray:

I'm waiting to get a minimum of 12 pre-orders. I've had several people inquire about the shirts, but only one has been pre-ordered, I needed at least 12 pre-orderes before I could order any shirts.

If anyone would like to pre-order my paypal address is [email protected]
the shirts will be available in small-2XL & will be $17 each shipped.
if you send paypal please put a desciption on your order (ie. jason payne shirt, size ???)
& your complete name & mailing address.

If I don't get 12 orders I'll refund your money.

LMK,
ray

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
I just posted in J’s build thread about our Hammers trip but I wanted to mention a couple of things that happened while at the Hammers in this thread. We arrived at about 8:30AM at the NorCal / SoCal Big Dawgs combined camp site. Not very many people came over to say HI but what I was told later was; “When we all saw the Jason’s Dodge rolling across the desert floor towing that big green truck, we all stopped talking and it took us a while to compose ourselves before we could talk again”. Once unloaded, I drove around looking at all the rigs in the different camp sites and as I drove by, people would stop doing whatever they were doing and just stood there waiving and just staring.

Later while on Sledgehammer there was a guy watching the rigs and he asked me, “Isn’t that Jason Payne’s truck?” and I said yes, I’m his dad. He then proceed to say, “He was just one of the greatest young men, one of the sharpest young men and I just really liked being around him and doing things with him. I’m so sorry about what happened, it was such a great tragedy”. I was later told he was with Four Wheeler magazine.

·
M.O.B.
1,596 Posts
I was never on forums while Jason was around, but over the past 2 weeks or so, I have read so much stuff about him and all and I almost feel like I know him. I have to say what everyone has done in his name and everything has been truly amazing and I am in disbelief on how everyone came together to make one persons dreams come true since it wasn't possible anymore by him. Alot of the stuff I had read almost made me tear up and I never have before on any ocasion what so ever. I think it is truly amazing and I know he's looking down upon you guys happier then ever. Good job to all who made his dreams and work come true. It simply is amazing and I am in a loss of words.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Jason visited tonight!

Debbie was in the Kitchen tonight making dinner listening to her country music, walked outside and when she came back into the kitchen the radio had changed stations to the station Jason always listened to (which is not even program into the radio’s buttons). She came in my office to se if I had changed the station and I told her I had not been in the kitchen. I just told her he was letting her know he was there with her.

Once again, explain that one guys!

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Jason's memorial decals will be present at next weeks King of the Hammers race on the following race rigs:

John "JR" Reynold's Pirate 4X4 Bronco
Fred William's 4 Wheel & Off-Road Fun Buggy
Dustin Webster's Red Bull Jeep

Team Willyswanter along with Jason's Truggy will be assisting JR in his pits along the trails.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Back in December I posted the following:

Here we go again; here I am working on the “Feature Truck Technical Information & Release Form” for 4 Wheel & Off-Road. At 11:58PM my phone rang and my wife Debbie asked from the other room who the heck is calling at this time of night. I looked at my phone’s caller ID and it showed Debbie Payne and her phone number. I answered the phone and could hear noise that sounded like a bunch of people off in a distance talking softly. I kept say hello and then it hung up. By that time Debbie was standing next to me and asks “Who called” and I said, “You did”. I showed her the call record which showed Debbie Payne and her number. I asked, “Did you loose your phone, where is your phone”. She said, “It’s in the Kitchen”. I followed her into the Kitchen and her phone was lying on the counter. I pushed recall to call back whoever called me and her phone rang.

Then this week I had the Built for Pennies dream and then today I believe I received conformation on everything that we are discussing doing here.

When I arrived at work today; as I opened the door to my office, just inside the door was a penny lying on the floor where I couldn’t miss it. No one had been in the office over the weekend and I had not told anyone about the Built for Pennies dream. Then at 10:43AM I was setting at my desk between meetings working on my emails with my phone lying over in the middle of my desk. At that time my phone rang and I answered and all I heard was light static and I said hello three times and then looked at the screen to see who was calling and it said Ken Payne and my cell phone number which is impossible. I stared at it for a couple of minutes and then called Debbie to tell her. She just said that J has found a way to let me know he is around and it’s a way I can understand and not rationalize away.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Friends of Jason:

I've been purposely off the forums while I did some deep soul searching. I really appreciate everyone's offers to participate in the Built4Pennies Buggy but I've decided not to accept money donations towards the build and will be returning all donations received. Money; even pennies, is just too tight in this economy and I really feel uncomfortable accepting your hard earned money. This doesn't mean the build is off, it just means JR and I will be approaching this build in a different way. I will keep everyone updated as to what we are doing and / or not doing as we go.

Thank you again and sorry for the confusion.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
The guys at Krawler Nation and I need your help. They are trying to get Krawler Nation on TV as a weekly show dedicated to wheeling but not just racing. They want to cover the family involvement side, the comradeship, watch guys push to the extreme; brake and then everyone jump in to help and in general, the side of wheeling we all can participate in and love. These are the guys that filmed Jason’s Truggy at the Hammers for their pilot movie.

Here is what they need at this time; they need as many hits on their website as possible. So I need all of Jason’s friends to go to www.krawlernation.com as many time as you can and continue this for the next couple of months. This is needed for them to show Speed Channel and others they have a following. They will be having video clips from their trips very soon. Please help as much as you can, I want to get J’s Truggy on this show. Thanks

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
From Pirate4X4.com

Ok folks, it's time to let the cat out of the bag! We are here in Reno, NV for "Reno Rocks"... Think of it as the Hot August Nights of Rock Crawling. If you're not going to be here, you're missing out. But fear not, because we are going to be doing something that has never been done before at a rock sports event. We will be bringing you live video coverage. So what's so new about that, you ask?

We have contracted with Aspect Studios (Krawler Nation) to bring you live, unprecedented coverage of this weekend's event. We will have four high definition studio cameras on the course with a professional production crew. The production engineer will switch from camera to camera live on the fly to bring you non-stop action, and even live interviews. The live video will begin on Friday morning at 10:00am. and run through the final shootout on Sunday afternoon. We will also bring you live coverage of the Friday night pool party and bikini contest.

So please, tell your friends about this event. And even more important, please visit Polyperformance, our sponsor for this epic coverage!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/trailreports/reno_rocks09
The guys at Krawler told me about this on Monday but I promissed not to tell until the offical annoucement. These guys are trying very hard to represent the sport that all of you love and my son loved so very much. Let's help them by going to their website and show support! Thank you

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
My favorite video of the Rockstar limo, ever.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64f5hmQD3H0[/yt]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well.....Brother Jason would have been 27 today. August 2nd.

Happy Birthday Jason!!!! Hope your days continue to be filled with fabricating and wheeling.

I'll be having some Nilla wafers for you today!!! :2thumbs:

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Happy Birthday son, it seems strange not running around trying to find the perfect tool that you need and don’t already have. I remember your last Birthday when I searched for a Milwaukee (0928-23) 28 Volt Combo Kit you could take on the trails and it came in three days after your Birthday (a real bummer). I know you used it some on your job with Croad Electric and your friends used it once while installing your plaque along the Gold Bar Rim. A lot has happened and changed but some things have not changed; mainly how much your mom and me love and miss you. Your second mom and dad; Martin and Patti, now have Croad Vineyards open and it is beautiful; even though Martin had to wire everything without you. Patti still thinks about you daily and really needs you back running the electrical company. Your mom is still the strong silent one that you took after and I’m still the whimp that cries regularly as I’m doing now trying to write this (dam allergies). The guys from NorCalBigDawgs and SoCalBigDawgs are getting together the 13 through 16 of August for the first annual Dozer/Willyswanter Memorial Run on the Rubicon Trail. This replaces the Fall Rubicon trip you put together each year and this year the guys will be placing the second plaque at the lake (I’m not attending this trip – sorry). Your mom is waiting to see what you do for her for your birthday; she’s been remembering the white dove that all of a sudden appeared in the yard and spent the day following her; never seen before or after your Birthday last year. Oh I forgot it seems your mom (with Esteban’s help) is moving me again, she made an offer on a house and they went and accepted it. I’ve told Esteban it is his responsibility to move your shop! Love you son, please come visit me again soon, I really need it.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Happy Birthday Jason :cheers:

Edit: I couldn't help but to start back on the first page and read a little bit from when this page started....wow...It all kinda hit me again...I remember exactly where I was when I got the call...in fact I was on my way to Bggrnchvy's house and he had Just gotten home from the Con....:bawl: RIP big guy...

601 - 620 of 655 Posts