GMC Truck Forum banner

621 - 640 of 655 Posts

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Happy birthday buddy, I hope you can join us in a couple of weeks. Not sure how myself or some of the other guys are going to feel, but I'll try and keep the amazing view in mind. Miss you guy.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
happy birthday jason...its still amazing how much you have affected everyone. everytime i need a little boost to start working on the trail truck again, all i have to do is take a minute to reflect on all this and i know what needs to be done. we all still love you and miss you buddy.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
I would like to thank everyone involved in the installation of Jason’s Plaque and I’m sorry I was not emotionally capable of going on this trip; maybe someday. Debbie and I love all you guys and truly know why Jason cared so much for all of you and looked forward each time to being with all of you on the trails.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I still remember the shock i felt on this day two years ago when i first relized what had happend. Still miss ya man. RIP Jason

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Este and I were talking on the Con, we couldn't believe it had already been almost 2 years. Feels like yesterday.

Not sure how I feel about the anniversary. Just know we still you miss you buddy. I'll be wrenching all afternoon, feel free to stop by man.

M

·
0 Posts
I've had this sticker sitting around since shortly after Jason's passing. Decided today was a good day to throw it on. I never got to meet Jason in person, but now my memory of his help and humor can ride shotty with my in the Blazer. RIP, brother.

IMG_1873.jpg

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
still not finished and i know the tires and a few other things arent exact but since he was the prince of beef it just made sense to me. going in for coloring next week and "Wheel in peace" under the rocks.
0907091416.jpg

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
:worship:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
the artist has never done a truck before so it was a learning curve but he did a great job with the shading.

thanks Kyle

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
my hat is off for you sir

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Mr. Bggrnchvy:

What time did you get home from Moab, we arrived at midnight after driving at 55 all day with once again no 5th gear.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Mr. Bggrnchvy:

What time did you get home from Moab, we arrived at midnight after driving at 55 all day with once again no 5th gear.

I finally got home at 2am, that was entirely too much time on the road all at once. 8am-2am brought to you by caffeine, apply liberally until twitching is induced:crazy:

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
I was awake until after 2am from all the caffeine injected into my intake. Este kept thinking I was falling asleep and I told him I was getting my money's worth of the state highways by covering every inch and all lanes (and shoulders). Need to take truck to quality transmissions shop and put a stop to the 55mph crap; extra tank of fuel and 5 hours of driving makes for a long day.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Just thought I would share a verrrry brief story

I live in a very small town...in fact, I think I'm really the only one with a truck. I've been sporting Jason's sticker for a little while now and I think there's 2 trucks in the area with it - Bggrnchvy's and mine. I came to a stop light today in town, and some guy pulls up to me in a new Tundra...he starts eyeing my truck and I figure it's just because it's covered in mud (rained recently and I decided to have some fun). So I roll down my window and he rolls his...He asked if I made it to Blazer Fest and I replied with I wish...His next question shocked me. "How did you know Jason." My response was simple..."He was a friend." His response - "Mine too..." And at that, the light turned green and he went one direction and I went the other. 95% of the people in my town have no clue what 4wd is and usually drive BMW's, Mercedes, Bently's, Rolls, etc..and of course, the Prius . Small world... really small world. Just thought I would share my experience.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Thanks for post and I’m still shocked by these moments. Two days ago one of the guys where I work said he didn’t realize others besides Jason’s immediate family had stickers. I ask what he meant and he said he was on Interstate 5 in southern part of Los Angeles and a truck went by with a Jason sticker and it caught his eye. I told him there were a lot of them made and sold and they’ve been spotted in numerous states.

Thank you again Mike for the story and having the sticker on your truck; I love these stories.

621 - 640 of 655 Posts