GMC Truck Forum banner

641 - 655 of 655 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
wow ive been on this site for quite a few months now and ive always wonder who this man was and what happen..after spending idk like an hour reading here and other forums about jason, i felt sadness for a guy i never knew or talked to.. it's sad that we lose someone so young, so talented and gifted, and loved by alot. it was great to see hundreds of guys on the different forums feel for this guy. im a grateful and lucky just to read about jason..rip bro

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Per the guys at Krawler Nation; “There will be a big exciting announcement coming very soon and the Pilot and the show will follow shortly afterwards”.

Also, Este and I; along with Jason’s Rock Star Limo, will be the chase vehicle hauling the camera crews for Krawler Nation in February at the King of the Hammers race in Johnson Valley!

Anyone coming to the King of the Hammers be sure and stop by and say HI

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
JP

Happy Birthday Son!

Last night I was telling your mom I still can’t get over not running around looking for the perfect tool gift; I had the urge all weekend to go tool shopping. It’s been almost 3 years without you and just doesn’t seem to get any easier. Dr. Geoff finally figured out what caused me to pass-out and break my back; something called near-syncope. He said it was probably brought on by Stress or Emotions; but how could that be. LOL

I have finally stopped asking God everyday “Why” because I will not understand while here in hell. I now thank the Lord each day for taking you to be with him; where you belong. I know just how unhappy you would be with the way the government is doing things, I know your knee and back are not hurting 24 hours a day like before and you’re doing what you want, whatever that might be.

I didn’t realize just how much I relied on you; asking you several times a day what you would do in a particular circumstance. Its weird realizing you was my mentor and guide in so many things. God Bless you son and I will continue to do everything I can not to embarrass you.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Decals as well as T-Shirts are still being sold by Ray at RPM Graphics

Ray
Phone: (504) 481-8705
Email: [email protected]

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
He is still doing both; single orders of decal and 10 or more orders of T-Shirts. Last time we started a group order of shirts trying to get 10 we ended up with over 20; so if someone wants to start a thread for T-Shirts you will need 10 before Ray will place order for shirts.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Well J; it’s been 3 very long years since you went to where you belong, in heaven with our Lord. I have finally learned to stop asking why in my daily prayers and now I thank the Lord for taking you to heaven to be with him.

As I’m sure you know; Este and I are still taking the Truggy to events and your big Camo Truggy still attracts attention everywhere it goes. Your onboard air’s compressor quit last trip and was not repairable so I purchased a new one from your friends at Poly; who gave me a discount. Also, last time out we broke another ball joint on your links. It was another of those cheap ones you purchased that just can’t take off-roading. I remember you telling me how these ball joints were cheap (I think you said around $35 each) and good ones were $100 each and needing 16, these were all you could afford. You said they might break but you would replace them as needed; well, that is what I’m now doing but once again Poly is helping on the price. You would think a ball joint / rod end with 1.25” shank and 1” bore for the grade eight bolt would stand up to anything, even a cheap one.

Your Mom is putting her car up for sale so she can purchase a Jeep. Este and I are trying to figure out how to get the Jeep out on the trails; so far she seems to think Este and I might scratch her baby while rock crawling, can’t imagine that.

The SoCal and NorCal Big Dawgs (including me) leave on the 6th of September for Moab for Blazer Bash and I will proudly hand out the Jason Payne Innovative Truck trophy once again. We also will be visiting you at Gold Bar Rim and I will try not to embarrass you by crying this time.

Have fun in Heaven my son and I hope to join you soon when the Lord’s decides it is my time. The day will come when your Mom, Brother, Sister and I will be together once again. Say HI to Dozer for everyone from NorCal and SoCal Big Dawgs, they sure miss you two guys. Love you, Dad

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
It’s been quite a while between post s and I’m sorry. This last fall Esteban86K5 and I went with a group of Jason’s friends to Moab for Blazer Bash where we visited Jason and cleaned his memorial plaque once again. On the website for Blazer Bash it now says:

Gold Bar Rim (Difficult)
Distance: 3.8 miles
Obstacles: Slide Rock
Description: Located in the same area as several other trails including Metal Masher, Gold Bar Rim is a short fun trail consisting of several ledge climbs that get more difficult towards the end. An obstacle called many different things including Slide Rock, marks the beginning of the difficult section. This is also the location of Jason Payne’s memorial plaque. The top of the trail has a magnificent overlook providing a 360° view of the entire Moab area. Gold Bar Rim is the tail end of the Trifecta run for Saturday.

They mention the trophy at www.blazerbash.com/memorial.html :

After the sudden passing of Jason Payne in August 2007, some of his friends within the ColoradoK5.com website community wished to begin a yearly award in his honor. Jason was a regular attendee of the Blazer Bash event from its beginning so it was only fitting to honor his memory with a trophy presented each year at Blazer Bash. Jeff Perkins out of Las Vegas, Nevada spearheaded the project by designing and assembling the trophy.

Jason was always modifying and improving his truck, with a new, innovative project in planning at all times. The Jason Payne Innovative Truck Trophy is meant to honor that progressive wheeling spirit in others. Each year, at Blazer Bash in Moab, Utah, the participants vote for the vehicle they feel most embodies an “innovative” truck. The traveling trophy returns each year to Blazer Bash to begin a new year with another innovative truck and owner.

We destroyed a portal while wheeling in Moab but with all the bearing gone and gears snapping teeth; the trust worth Truggy along with someone watching over us, got us out of Pritchett Canyon. We were more than half way through the 19 mile trail and somehow we made it back to the trailer and up on the trailer with the truck limping and crying all the way. What a magnificent truck!

These last few days Esteban86K5 and I along with Willyswanter’s Bro went to King of the Hammers to watch our friends compete and us do a little wheeling. We parked the Truggy at the bottom of Chocolate Thunder while we watch the race and when we came back the couple that were parked next to it said all the time it set there people kept coming by and taking pictures of it. Today we decided to run more trails and on one of the waterfalls we laid the Truggy over on its driver’s side. There was one truggy trying and we waited until he backed down and gave up. We took the Truggy through where the other one was denied and made it the first time, even though the passenger front tire was about 2’ in the air to the cheers of the sizable crowd watching. The second time thorough I was stopped by a gentleman wanting to tell me he saw the article in 4 wheel & Off-Road about Jason and the truck and how excited he was to see the truck in real life. We then climbed the waterfall along a different line and it crawled the face of the rocks and totally shocked everyone, including me. Then we backed back down and went with the same line we had used the first time but missed it by inches and this time instead of raising the passenger tire a couple of feet, way laid over on our side. Nevertheless, a turn of the hydraulic steering to passenger and driving in reverse the Truggy set itself down and nothing was hurt. The next trying we made it! I say there was no damage and this is true but it would be hard to tell the way Jason bent, gouged and twisted the exo-cage the many times he wheeled the truck to the extreme. Until next time; God Bless all of you and be safe.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Another full passing around the sun since we lost you buddy. Still think about you, who you were, what you did and the impression you left behind all the time.

We'll be around to visit again soon, keep an eye out for us.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Kyle; I'm not supprised to see your post, I just sumitted my thoughts on his guest book at www.JasonPayne Memorial.com

Kyle; when you coming to see us again!

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Remember King of the Hammers is on the 10th of February with Every Man Challenge Race on the 6th.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
As I mentioned in the past; we destroyed a portal in Pritchet Canyon while wheeling in Moab. It was repaired by Esteban and again it acted up (dumped all the fluid from the seals) while at the King of the Hammers earlier this year as well as other small issues. Yesterday Willyswanter’s Brother came over with a couple of friends and they got everything fixed and after almost a year, the Truggy started immediately.

Willyswanter’s Brother has told me we’re going the 8th, 9th and 10th of January to the Hammers with a couple other rigs to have a little fun; hopefully some of you guys from GMFS can come out and join us.

Until next time, God Bless all of you and be safe!

641 - 655 of 655 Posts