GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 K3500 5.7

I just replaced the radiator on my truck with a new HD radiator. I hooked everything up and let it run. My temp gauge will keep on climbing but radiator doesnt even feel hot. I got scared and turned off the truck b/c the temp was reading too high. I can touch anywhere on the radiator, the hoses and even poke my finger in the coolant and it is not even warm. I cant figure it out.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Does the under radiator hose get warm/hot? Will the heater blow hot? Have you replaced the thermostat as well? Run the engine up and cool down over and over with the pressure cap removed and make sure there's no air in the system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well while i was waiting for a response the radiator started working but now iv got a new problem lol. the fuse for the control box for my e-fans keeps popping. its the VSC controller. w/a 30amp fuse.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Possibly damaged a wire during install? Check all the connections. ( the simple answer )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
checked, rechecked over and over. i tucked everything out of the way during the install. the fuse just blows when the fans try to kick on. its wierd that it just randomly started.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts