GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep having problems with the left side tank on the radiator busting....why is this? Any way to keep it from happening?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Buy a new radiator.............

·
Untouchable
296 Posts
i usaully is something stubid like the lower or upper mount is no good or out of place...some times too much heat from the oil cooler housing and inproper fluid level..if you have had this with the same radiator more than once...you need to find the problem ,fix it and replace the radiator...also look at the front radiator support bushings...if they are worn out it can transfer shock to the radiator

·
Registered
148 Posts
wheres a good place to get a new radiator? Prices? Size?

Thanks...

Im having the same issues with mine! The fluid is always about 6 inches low! But I never get hot!?!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
wheres a good place to get a new radiator? Prices? Size?

Thanks...

Im having the same issues with mine! The fluid is always about 6 inches low! But I never get hot!?!

Your local auto store. Just get an HD replacement.

Sounds like you need to go through your cooling system, if you haven't since the truck was built it's now time. Replace hoses, flush the system, inspect gaskets, etc.

Stock gauge sucks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Your local auto store. Just get an HD replacement.

Sounds like you need to go through your cooling system, if you haven't since the truck was built it's now time. Replace hoses, flush the system, inspect gaskets, etc.

Stock gauge sucks

what is the average temp...according to the stock guage? Should i get an aftermarket temp guage?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
what is the average temp...according to the stock guage? Should i get an aftermarket temp guage?

Avg temp is mostly dependent on your thermostat.

Stock gauge, I have no idea dude. Probably just a lil left of center.

Aftermarket gauges are always a plus. Coolant temp and oil pressure at a minimum.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Avg temp is mostly dependent on your thermostat.

Stock gauge, I have no idea dude. Probably just a lil left of center.

Aftermarket gauges are always a plus. Coolant temp and oil pressure at a minimum.
OK, and what damage CAN happen if the truck is running a little hot, NOT overly so.??

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
OK, and what damage CAN happen if the truck is running a little hot, NOT overly so.??

Depends how much over. Shit runs hotter in the summer than now, and even more than on 110°F days... so just keep eye on the dummy gauge until you fix it.

But real hot can warp heads, pop gaskets, etc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts