GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Denali with Navigation and am looking to purchase a 2006 Denali that does not have navigation....can I swap out the units and will navigation work in the 2006 vehicle? Thx.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Assuming both vehicles have the same Bose system then yes. They either need to be both "lux", or both non-lux. If one is lux and one is not, they are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....they both do have the Bose sound system....how would I know if they are "lux" or not?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
RPO codes in glove box. Y91 or Y92 is lux, and UQ7 is non lux.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...I see a sticker in the glove box of my '05 with a bunch of codes on it...says "service parts identification"......in the list of codes I see both "y91" and "UQ7"

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Since you have both, you have the "lux" amp which is what the Denali should have (Denalis, Escalades, etc came with lux). In order for direct plug and play, the 2006 Denali needs to have the "lux" amp as well which it should have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good info...thank you very much.....will the 2006 have the necessary GPS functionality needed for the Nav?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
You will have to swap the antenna from your old truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was talking to the local GMC parts dealer and he said the issue will be that the wiring harness is different for the navigation so that would need to be replaced.....he made it sound like that would be a fairly big undertaking.....do you concur that the wiring harnesses would not match?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts