GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno'd at Allen's shop yesturday on his SuperFlow dyno, with a short cooldown after a 230 mile trip. Temp was.......hot......Humidity.......alot

HP 338.4 @ 5303
TQ 393.6 @ 3652

Allen said Dynojets usually are about 15-20% higer than SuperFlow numbers (SuperFlow being the correct numbers, Dynojet being the ones everyone posts online :crazy:), and adding in 15% to mine would be:

HP 389.10
TQ 452.64

Those numbers are even a bit higher than I expected, and 10% higher would be 372/433, which I would still be very happy with. These are just estimates because I know theres not a set conversion from SuperFlow to Dynojet, just offering them as a comparison. I was pleasantly suprized with the torque :D

I will get the graphs in the email shortly, and I can't remember the actual numbers, but after some minor tweaking of the tune after the first pull, Allen was able to get about 20hp/30tq (somewhere around there)

So basically I made about 108hp and TONS more tq than a stock truck allen had dynoed previously, and this was in very hot and humid weather without much cooldown or time to 'fine tune the tune'

The cutout was opened on the last pull directly after another pull with no cooldown, and lost a few hp/tq. I have a feeling with cooldown the numbers would be very close, closed/open. Perhaps with more boost (alot more) the cutout would make some power. It sounded very, very cool however

I'm very happy with how it turned out, glad I got to meet Allen and Jeff (GMChasLS1) who were both just awesome, friendly guys......and I'll probably be back there later this year to spend more time on the dyno and maybe go with a smaller pulley.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Good power! How much boost your running it at?

·
Registered
703 Posts
numbers are looking good, i wanna see it break the 400tq mark, im sure it would have on a cool day but im finding those to be rare this time of the year, 100+ everyday here in cali :pissed:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a little confused on the boost, on the dyno I believe it was reading 6.5, but on the street it will sometimes get up to 7.5 :think:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
yeary01z71 said:
So is this the stock 3.4" pulley?

I believe so. :shake:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hit Man X said:
I believe so. :shake:
:shake:

I'd also like to say that the 15-20% Dynojet conversion is probably too high, it may be more like 8%, but nobody can be sure. Regardless I'm happy with the power its making :rocking:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, after seeing how 'unstandardized' all the dynos are, in a way I think they cant be used to actually measure performance...the track being the only true test. Perhaps if there was an actual standard in load, ratios, etc etc in the dynos, they would be more trustworthy. They are however excellent for tuning.

I'll probably wait till it gets a little cooler out before I go to the track. Not worth going in 100deg heat, blowers dont like heat and humidity at all :nono:

·
Registered
254 Posts
O3GMC said:
Yeah, after seeing how 'unstandardized' all the dynos are, in a way I think they cant be used to actually measure performance...the track being the only true test. Perhaps if there was an actual standard in load, ratios, etc etc in the dynos, they would be more trustworthy. They are however excellent for tuning.

I'll probably wait till it gets a little cooler out before I go to the track. Not worth going in 100deg heat, blowers dont like heat and humidity at all :nono:
Hey, 03GMC, it was very nice to meet up with you.

You're right, dynos are great for numbers and squeezing out a tad more hp, but i agree, the track is the best place. Sometimes it will dissappoint you lol. like adding posi, 4.10's, slicks and only going .1 faster, lol,

see ya soon,

allen

btw, like you said , don't bother running until it's cool, heat and blowers don't get along at the track.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
farmtruc said:
btw, like you said , don't bother running until it's cool, heat and blowers don't get along at the track.

well then, im living in the wrong state... :anitoof:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts