GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, pretty new around here figured it was time for a build thread to keep track of my progress, get some insight/help and opinions. Just the usual.

Truck has a number of mods done to it thus far, and I still have a long way to go before it's where I want it. I guess I should also mention that this build is goin to take some time, I don't have the money to whip everything together in a few weeks as much as I'd love to.

So far -

Line-X
Tonneau Cover
Weather Tech Floormats Front & Rear
Amp Research Power Steps
Tinted Windows
Fully Debadged
Double Din Deck
Navigation
Back Up Cam
SLT Console
Levelling Kit
K&N Intake With Airbox
4" Gibson Exhaust
6" Tip
Grillcraft MX Series

As far as plans go keeping things as clean as possible, nothing tSoo crazy.

FTS 7"
Bilsteins 7 - 9"
AAL to Level - 2"(???)
35" Toyo or Trail Grapps
20x12 962's Black
Cleared heads
Tows
Powder Bumpers/Grille shell
Upgrade all lighting
Possible Regear

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Stocked up on some Mothers products and decided to tackle the wheels today, previous owner had neglected them to say the least so I got some sandpaper, polish and a powerball then went to work. I think I was working on my wheels for like 4 hours today, I'm sure my neighbours think I'm fucked.

This was the worst wheel before starting, as you can see heavy pitting and embedded rusty metal from what I assume was a hung up caliper..

After sanding, couldn't believe I got everything out.

And finally all polished up, the same wheel as the pitting, pretty happy with the result, though I don't know why I can't get more shine out of them.. I see tons of guys getting a literal mirror finish on their wheels and I jus seem to be missing the mark a bit? Any tips on that would be awesome

·
I'm **** the Neighborhood
2,385 Posts
looks decent

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just got off the phone with Mark from FTS and the lift and tires are ordered.

7" FTS Lift
7 - 9" Bilstein Struts
Rear Bilstein Shocks
20x12 Motometal 962 in black
35x12.50 Atturo Trail Blade M/T Tires

Mark figured the lift should be here by the end of the week so hopefully the wheels come jus as quick and I can get this thing in the air

looks decent
Think I seen ya on great northern the other day, truck looks good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lifted/Wheels installed
Bumpers C/M...

·
I'm **** the Neighborhood
2,385 Posts
truck looks good, drove past you on Douglas the other night.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
truck looks good, drove past you on Douglas the other night.
Thanks, yeah I've seen you around a handful of times too.

Threads not gettin much love but I'll keep updating anyways..

Need to order tows soon, truck looks goofy with the little mirrors

·
Da mad scientist
149 Posts
Tows and cleared headlights would really look good on your truck Dylan

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Truck turned out awesome, how do you like those tires so far ? I've seen them listed on kijiji, just never heard of them before.

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts
This ^ + cm handles

Everything else has turned out great so far, I'm not sure how I missed this thread...looking sharp!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Having a reaaally hard time deciding if I want to paint the housings black or just clear.. Tows are definite.

Truck turned out awesome, how do you like those tires so far ? I've seen them listed on kijiji, just never heard of them before.
Love the look of the tires, can't say too much on wear yet of course but road noise is pretty normal and can't beat the price.
This ^ + cm handles

Everything else has turned out great so far, I'm not sure how I missed this thread...looking sharp!
Handles would be nice.. But I think they tie everything together having mirrors, and bumper plastics the same colour.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been a long time since the last update, finally got some tows, painted heads which I know some people will be against, but I'm really happy with them & did a full LED conversion (no pictures right now)

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
iv always loved the blacked out look, truck looks good

1 - 17 of 17 Posts