GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to raise the rear end of my truck again. I gotta 08 Sierra rc/sb. I have a DJM Flip kit without hangers. Im currently at 6 inches or so in the back which is a 7 inch flip kit and shorter shackels. but I need to go back up. Was wondering if there can be a spacer or something I can install between the leafs and the axle. I do not have any of the factory parts so competely going back to stock is kind of out of the question. I just need about 1 to 2 inches.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was originally going to go a 3/6 but im at a 2/6 which sat level. Now I haul a big tank full of 60 gallons of driveway sealer and some extra stuff which pulls me down to about 7-8 inches easily. So now I need to go back up about 2 inches to be close to level. Can you explain a shackle flip?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They make them for the 07+ trucks? Do you have a link or price? Im very interested

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Couldn't you figure out some type of air helper?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Helper bags imo are a little pricey and not necessary because the truck is hopefully getting traded in within the next few months. The stock shackle will lower it back to 7 inches which is why I stated above that I went with a shorter shackle.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I may have some shackles that lift it up 1 inch on the stock hangers, let me check my attic. They are brand new and they didn't work out for me since I went with a aftermarket hanger.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
get some monroe air shocks like I have part #MA743, they were $50 a set and I can get 3" lift if needed..perfect for what you want.
maybe a link or info???

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
If your trading it in why even care? Where'd all your 4.8 dreams go?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts