GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fat, bald guy.
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 2500 HD 2wd, I am looking for something to bring the front up at least 2 inches, it just doesnt look right with the front setting so low, so im wanting to level it out..What is a good way of raising it without costing a arm/leg?

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
You can always do the old TB crank and/or keys which im sure 50 thousand ppl will chim in and tell you all about it, or you can find out what that cognito leveling kit is that doesnt use cranked TB's cuz i just saw an add for it in Off Road and havent heard of it before.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
bump, anyone here like seven or someone else that has talked to justin a lot know about their leveling kit that doesnt crankt he tb's?

·
2,451 Posts
KoTToN said:
bump, anyone here like seven or someone else that has talked to jason a lot know about their leveling kit that doesnt crankt he tb's?
its new upper control arms

·
[>
3,255 Posts
KoTToN said:
You can always do the old TB crank and/or keys which im sure 50 thousand ppl will chim in and tell you all about it, or you can find out what that cognito leveling kit is that doesnt use cranked TB's cuz i just saw an add for it in Off Road and havent heard of it before.

I guess he could try that, but he will have a hard time trying to find any T-Bars on his 2wd :read:

John Z.. Maby some 2" Coil Spring Spacers are what you are looking for.

Sorry but Im not up on all the 2wd lifting options (But Im going to start learning them asap.)

·
Fat, bald guy.
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 2wd does have T-Bars...But ive heard if you crank them up that you cannot get a proper aligment..

john

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Alot of people crank there T-bars. And still get it aligned. I can not see any reason a 2wd would be any Different:think:
My Torsion bars are cranked, maby not as much as others on here but it is still able to be aligned.

(Was thinking of 1500 2wd suspension there for a minute :crazy: )

·
Fat, bald guy.
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try that next weekend, just doesnt look right with the front end setting so low, looks almost like its taking a nose dive..lol

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
All 2500HD's, both 2wd and 4wd, have torsion bars.

And yeah, just crank the bars. It would take ALOT of cranking for it to get so bad that it cant be realigned. I've never heard of anyone around here having that problem.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Grant said:
All 2500HD's, both 2wd and 4wd, have torsion bars.

And yeah, just crank the bars. It would take ALOT of cranking for it to get so bad that it cant be realigned. I've never heard of anyone around here having that problem.
hehe I did when I liek freakign maxed my HD bars, then again I was never going to drive it that way. My cvs were damn near verticle. I tride to align it and couldnt do it, just flat out wasnt enough adjustment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts