GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the hood painted and installed. 2 problems, 1: I have a upd intake and its hitting the hood and 2: the side that is hitting sits up higher and is off somewhat while the other fits fine. So Im hoping that by getting some other type of intake will help take care of some of the problem other than that what other type of adjustments can be done? Its more of up and down not side to side. I have to go back to body shop anyway to take care of my keyhole that still isnt fixed from when it got broken into back in December so they will do more adjusting then but any other suggestions.

Heres a crappy pic from phone I will get better with reg camera in a few days.
hood.jpg

Also any recommendations in a intake??

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I think any open-air intake would do the trick.. I'd probably buy the UPD from ya if it still fits on 04's. An airaid kit would work nice

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok got some better pics today. Also if you look at the last pic you can see what Im talking about and how its higher.
hood1013.jpg

hood1008.jpg

hood1005.jpg

hood1001.jpg

hood1009.jpg

·
Registered
965 Posts
thats weird that it sits that high but it looks level with the headlights...

but other than that it looks real good man! if you dont mind me asking, how much you spend on just the hood?

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya idk but my air intake is hittin hood, so it wont let it sit all the way down. Im goin to buy different intake which I hope will help. But also I was doing some checkin and is there other adjustments under wiper cowl that will allow you to adjust for up and down on the silverado?? does anyone know...

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cut it so you get fresh air.
It allready is cut and functional, thats why I would like a good air intake that would utilize that option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts