GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any shock set ups that people are running on stock 4wd's? I went to the dunes for the 4th last weekend and the truck felt rough as hell out in the bumps. My last two trucks were lifted and i don't want to lift this one but want it to perform better off road. I was looking into the rancho quicklift kit but haven't found any real info on it. Anygood? Can it be ran with the RC 3" level kit? I also want to run the BMS UCA kit. Then some shocks for the rear. Also what is the cheapest way to get rid of the blocks in the rear but keep it at the same height. I know a lot of questions.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Are there any shock set ups that people are running on stock 4wd's? I went to the dunes for the 4th last weekend and the truck felt rough as hell out in the bumps. My last two trucks were lifted and i don't want to lift this one but want it to perform better off road. I was looking into the rancho quicklift kit but haven't found any real info on it. Anygood? Can it be ran with the RC 3" level kit? I also want to run the BMS UCA kit. Then some shocks for the rear. Also what is the cheapest way to get rid of the blocks in the rear but keep it at the same height. I know a lot of questions.
The RC kit uses a 3" Spacer I believe. Look at the Bilsteing Leveling Struts too, heard good thinkgs about em. Goto www.gmachineracing.com for the UCAs. Also Framedraggin94 is selling some of those UCAs :D, check is For Sale thread. LAstly, when it comes to only 2-3" of lift, stick with the blocks :imo.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Look for a coil-over swap for the front, I know King, Fox,, ICON, FOA(through GMR) should have bolt in coil-overs which will help your problem out. They're also adjustable from 0"-3" of lift.

Rankin

·
Registered
909 Posts
superlift makes a similar kit to the rancho. i like the kits that replace the strut like the rancho and superlift kits, i think if u ran the RC 3" kit along with the rancho kit it might cause the upper ball joint to be in some stress and wear out faster, i would just go with one or the other.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help. That FOA coilover set up on www.gmachineracing.com is exactly what i was looking for. Will that actually level it though. This coil spring stuff is new to me so i have no clue. I rode in a newer tundra that looked stock but had a king set up on the front and it was amazing. Huge difference over my truck.

·
Registered
909 Posts
yea it should level the truck, i no a guy who but the superlift 2.5" replacement coil on his 08 silverado and it gave him an exact 2.5"s and his truck was perfectly level, hope that helps post some pics when u done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts