GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95chevyz71 lifted w/ 35's, 160000 miles..tbi350
so back in september I replaced upper and lower balljoints, passenger cv axle, pitman & idler arm. After a crazy weekend at Sardis Lake I come home and give the front suspension a good inspection only to find out both of my upper balljoints are busted. I could grap the top part of that little boot and just pull it down and see all the grease inside there, so 2 uppers there ($80). I also need a couple tie rods ($45-$50), need ANOTHER passenger cv ($60-70), need driver side hub bearing ($107), inner driver side door handles been broken for months (2nd time)($40), passengers about to break again ($40), and i need a new intake gasket, cant wait to tackle that one!

it seems like no matter how hard I try to keep this truck up ITS ALWAYS SOMETHIN, i dont think I have ever at one time had everything just working like its supposed to. Ive taken her mudding maybe 3 times since the lift and went out to budweiser beach and cut some doughnuts and this weak ass IFS just cannot handle shit. I love havin a lifted truck but damn I need solild axle or somethn...

·
boogity boogity
987 Posts
i fell your pain, ive replaced everything with cognito parts and still it has slop and bad vibrations at pretty much any speed. My cv's need to be replaced also and now my power steering pump, gear box and steering shaft are going bad! i know your pain but i will never buy a ford, dodge, or toyota. so i guess i have to live with it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
man... no joke i hate ifs... so much i've bought another vehicle to drive to work for the next month or so whilst i tear my 05 chevy completely apart cab and all off to do a rhinolined frame and sas conversion. No joke i have went through 9 cv's this year.... even with the torsion bars backed off quite abit i still manage to break a cv with any form of a load on it... other day there was 2 friends out mudding... 1 f150 one ranger... well the f150 got stuck on its frame going through a hole i had made through some cattails. and a ranger had got stuck cross ways in a hole right next to them so they call old bob here to come get em out in the heavy chevy :p so i roll out hook up to the f150 and put it in first and pull forward and i start to pull em in 2wd then my rear wheel starts slipping so i said.. fuck it 4lo and i wont spin and throw shit all over em.. so i put it in neutral shifted to 4lo put it back in 1 and SNAP! broke the cv through the top of it near the differential AGAIN!! so i ofcourse got pissed and put it to the floor and got them out in 2wd :p with a whole lot of mud on their truck haha then i pulled out the ranger sideways in 2wd but anyways not that i am happy about pulling 2 fords out in 2wd *cough or anything but it sucks how my cv's break so damn easy... and the money i have waisted in that cheap ifs over hte past year could have almost has an sas done! :-\

·
Registered
25 Posts
^^^I personally wouldnt use RhinoLining on your frame, unless you're dead set on it. I recommend POR15, great/durable, not that expensive and does great against protecting from rust. POR15 would also be WAAAY easier to clean if you ever clean your chassis. Just my .2 cents though.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't get me wrong I bleed chevy orange. My dad bought me the truck when I was 15 (almost 16) with 86,000 miles. Its been 5 years and now im sittin at 170,000 miles. All Ive put into that engine is a surpentine belt, water pump, and oil. It needs a new intake gasket but thats common. The engine is great its just this weak ass excuse for 4wd suspension that they call IFS that BLOWS. It's really the weakest link to these trucks, never ending problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts