GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or are these NNBS tahoes impossible to keep clean? I can't figure it out, so I thought I would look for some help here. Here are my problems when it comes to detailing the wife's tahoe. I figured I would list them all at once. Any help or tips on how everyone else handles these would be great.

First, I don't even know how the hell this happened, but the bow tie is chipped under the clear cover, and it seems like it keeps getting bigger. Has anyone painted theirs to color match? If so, what were the steps and some pictures of those who have. I'm thinking about doing this.

Second, the headlights have some sort of glaze on them. They are real hazy. When I clean them, the are clear for about 2 seconds after I wipe them off, and then the haze comes right back. Anyone experience this?

Third, is bugs. It seems like no matter how long I spray the front end off, the bugs never come off. I've tried Tar and Bug remover and other things like that. Is there anything better out there?

Fourth, is the molding and badges. What is everyone doing to get the molding clean and in between the letters on the badges? Mine is pretty much brown, and the molding looks like it is off-white now and a totally different color than the rest of the tahoe.

Fifth, is the running boards and other black plastic (Rear bumper) pieces. Cannot get these clean either. I've tried to use tire black and other stuff, but it seams like as soon as I wipe them down, they turn gray again and look dirty as hell. This is after I put 2 coats on.

Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
color match or paint the bowtie black.

seal the headlights with something like opti seal.

did you clay the bugs?

for the plastic, did you try trim restorer?

debadge and demold

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
color match or paint the bowtie black.

seal the headlights with something like opti seal.

did you clay the bugs?

for the plastic, did you try trim restorer?

debadge and demold
No, have not tried any of that. I want to paint the bowtie white, and I don't really want to de badge and de mold. I will try the clay and some trim restorer. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Agreed.

Paint match the bowtie.

You can lightly polish the headlights, then seal w/ OptiSeal.

For bugs, prespray w/ Bug Squash. They always come off easily for me after that...

For in between the badges, Poorboys APC or Optimum Power Clean should do the trick.

Running boards and all exterior trim, poorboys trim restorer works great for me via microfiber applicator pad. Migliore trim protectant will also do the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts