GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my sub hits the floor rattles like crazy and it sounds like shit from the outside. It's a 12" downfiring Kicker CVR under my back seat. What will fix this? Deadener?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Why not fire it upwards?

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Why not fire it upwards?
listen to this man, wish i would have gotten my custom box made before ever putting my sub in. Sounds 100x better firing forward than rattling and being muffled downfiring.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
I doubt its the floor that is rattling. :imo When I sound deadened my truck the floor seemed pretty solid before I laid my mat down

edit: And downfiring can be a good thing if your going for loudness with the loading effect. :imo

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I layed down a few layers of mat in my old truck just under the back seat and it helped. Not sure about the outside tho :shrug:

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
I like my DF box. It sounds better than I thought it would. Doesnt have the "punch" that my other (forward) box had though.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
listen to this man, wish i would have gotten my custom box made before ever putting my sub in. Sounds 100x better firing forward than rattling and being muffled downfiring.
Yeah I want to get a ported box made either forward firing or pointing up but who knows if that will ever happen

I doubt its the floor that is rattling. :imo When I sound deadened my truck the floor seemed pretty solid before I laid my mat down

edit: And downfiring can be a good thing if your going for loudness with the loading effect. :imo
Trust me I've made sure it's the floor. I got under the truck and it must be the sub hitting the floor or something, I'm not sure

id mount it outward, but as for sound.. how often do you listen to it outside the truck?
Well it's not that it just makes it sound like shit on the inside too. I guess I either need to put deadner in it or get a new box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts