GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any real difference in the look of a 3in RC kit and a 2.25 spacer on a 2008 silvy i just wanna fit 33's amd i was just wondering if anyone could tell me beisdes the 1/2 or 3/4 depending on the leveling kit is differece in the front

·
07SilveradoNoob
1,315 Posts
Look at my pics in my profile. . . newer pics are with RC 3" kit, older pics were a CCM 2.5" leveling kit.

Both will fit 33"s, backspacing and tire width will determine how much rubbing will occur.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 07 nnbs silvy with the 2.5 inch CCM kit. I sit .5 inches higher in the front than the back. I have 285/70/17 cooper stt and i do not rub anywhere.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If ur gonna use stock rims just get the leveling kit...
Why would that make a difference? I'm planning on running the RC 3" kit with 285s or 295s with the stock 17" wheels. Are there rubbing issues or something or is that just the look you prefer?

Thanks,
Rankin

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Why would that make a difference? I'm planning on running the RC 3" kit with 285s or 295s with the stock 17" wheels. Are there rubbing issues or something or is that just the look you prefer?

Thanks,
Rankin
just because you can fit a tire on stock wheels doesn't mean the same size tire will fit on any aftermarket wheel...wheel width, backspacing, and offset all play a roll in what tires will fit with different lift heights.

just search "tire fitment" or something...you'll get tons of threads that explain this in more detail.

·
Registered
227 Posts
just because you can fit a tire on stock wheels doesn't mean the same size tire will fit on any aftermarket wheel...wheel width, backspacing, and offset all play a roll in what tires will fit with different lift heights.

just search "tire fitment" or something...you'll get tons of threads that explain this in more detail.

I'm aware of how a wheel will change the way a tire will fit a truck. I was asking specificlly about working with the RC kit not just in general.

I was really asking if there are any clearance issues with the RC kit when using stock 17" wheels with larger than stock tires, such as rubbing on the new UCAs or something?

Thanks,
Rankin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts