GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have searched on here with no luck so here I am asking 2 different questions. First, I've seen people mentioning keeping their leveling kit and installing a lift kit as well. Is that advisable? I bought my truck new a few months ago, 2011 crew LS 4x4 with a dealer installed leveling kit, 20x9 Ultra Barrons and Duratrac 305-55-20's. Now I just bought a 7.5 RC lift and I'd love to run 37's. Am I crazy to even think they might fit?

·
Registered
301 Posts
don't know about fitting 37's but DO NOT put a level on a 7.5" RCX it's basically their 5" w/ a built in 2.5" level.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Above or below strut leveling kit? If it is a below strut not advised due to throwing off angles...if above strut they will supply new ones for there lift like mentioned above. So either way you should remove the installed level kit. 37's prob not unless you off set rims and or do a BL also and maybe some trimming. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it's above. The front is a proryde that's adj from 2-3" and the rear is a 2" ready lift. I also notice most guys only run a 1.5" BL. Is there any reason for this besides the fact that big BL look gay?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Anything more than the 7.5 is going to cause the upper a-arm to rest on the bumpstop. You might could get around that with aftermarket a-arms but then you into the issue of only having the diff dropped 5" and anything more than the standard 7.5" kit will cause terrible bj & axle angles. You would be better off just using the 7.5 kit and a 1.5 bl on 35s or a 3" bl on 37s(with trimming).

Most people prefer the 1.5bl due to ease of install & not showing much frame. Nothing wrong with 3" bl either just more time involved with more cutting/ relocation involved.

·
sittin purdy
487 Posts
i have a 7.5, 3in bl and a small (1\4inch) bottom strut spacer with 37's
DSCN5920-1.jpg

here is the bottom spacer
IMAG0125.jpg

and cv angles
IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

·
Rehab is for quitters
2,622 Posts
angles on the 7.5 are bad enough on their own. people that run lift + leveling kits have angles comparable to the 7.5 kit w/o a leveling kit. adding a leveling kit would be like having 2 leveling kits on the lift. bad idea.

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
i agree, i would not put another top strut spacer ontop of the 7.5
is that the TGC spacer you have under the strut? if it is it is a 1/4" spacer but it nets .5" of lift. thats how it's designed. their 1" kit is (2) 1/4" plates on each side. to make it a 1/2" kit you would just use 1 plate on each side, which is what i did.

·
sittin purdy
487 Posts
no but every truck i have ever owned has had 38's on it with factory gears and no problem, prolly wuldnt hurt 2 regear though

·
Registered
159 Posts
sittinpurdy69 what kind of gas milage do you get with that set up? im thinking of trading my truck in on a nnbs and doin the similar setup as you

·
BlueDevil
1,653 Posts
my truck with 37s sucks...cant wait to regear after christmas

1 - 20 of 26 Posts